New, new, Newbie's TTC #1 - January - A new year 2012!

iVillage Member
New, new, Newbie's TTC #1 - January - A new year 2012!
Sun, 01-01-2012 - 2:39pm
You newbies are ripping it up! I love the messages and conversations your having! Keep it up :-) welcome to all the newest newbies :-) let us know where you're at and where you're from! 1. Name/location 2. What CD are you on? Anything special done this cycle? Loves

Photobucket <a href="http://me

Pages

iVillage Member

Dina - I LOL'd when I read this: "Don't get mad at your chart, it's just a chart." because I do get so mad at my chart so often for not doing what I want it to do. I know it's ridiculous, I just can't help it! ;)

I am soooo excited that your DH did his SA this morning! Yay!!! I hope you get results back soon and they're good! I am also interested in what your DR says about starting Clomid no matter what. I honestly don't see why they wouldn't let you start and give it a shot personally.

April - you're right about the fluctuating hormones, I've read that too. It's all pretty interesting really, all this wild stuff happening inside of us that I was totally oblivious about a few months back. I just want my chart to look BETTER, lol. I want the temps to shoot way up high, higher every day! ;) Only time will tell - ugh. So true, but doesn't help with my day to day crazies.

I'm sorry you didn't get the temp rise you wanted this morning. That's probably my biggest charting pet peeve! Thinking your timing was great and then O date changes, ugh! So frustrating. It frustrates my DH too, I told him I would O on CD17 this cycle and then we had all the "drama" where it was CD11 maybe, then CD15. He doesn't get it at all and just said "this is bullsh*t!!" Every morning he asks what my temperature is and I tell him. Then he says "what does that mean?" and I say "well it doesn't really MEAN anything!" I could still get my period or I could still be pregnant. We can't really know. He wants to kill whoever invented Fertility Friend. :)

I still have no

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

iVillage Member
Diana- I am so glad that you got him to do the SA :) Hopefully your DR will get back to you in a timely fashion and get you started on the next step :)

E-How is your week any craziness going on for you?Hopefully your chart is treating you better :)

April-I hope you caught your O in time :/

AFM: I am still waiting on AF to show her face. MD seems to think its normal I however, might disagree at this point. I am trying not to get over frustrated or stressed out by it but its becoming hard not too LOL.. Currently I am a whopping 32 days late for a normal 28 day cycle 22 late from when I last O'd ( Or pretty sure I did got a +opk on 12/30) and 19 days from what would be a 42 day cycle. Not sure if I counted all of those right but I think I did LOL. I am just at a loss! I am trying not to think about it and am going to give it a few days and then i will be calling and pushing it further if I get nothing I am kinda feeling blah ish so I wonder if AF is on the horizon. We have had a lot of stress this last month so I am not sure, My sister miscarried her second child earlier this month. My sister and me are very close so I am sure this messed with my emotions/stress level worrying about her. But aside from that i have no idea. I have gotten nothing but BFN.

Okay sorry for my long rant! I hope you all had a great Monday :)
iVillage Member

Carlene - Your long cycles sound so awful! I'm sorry you're having to deal with that! My cycles so far off bcp have been 32 and 29 days - and that feels like an eternity sometimes! I hope your doctor gives you some answers soon. I'm so sorry to hear about your sister's loss. :( How sad.

AFM - My chart is still being stupid :) My temp went up today at 10DPO. But it did the same thing at 10DPO in the past and I still wasn't pregnant so I figure it doesn't really matter. DH says I'm "obsessed" with my chart

iVillage Member

Hi girls, what's going on this Wednesday?

I'm 11DPO. My temp dropped a teeny bit this am, but nothing major. All my temps have still been above the coverline this whole LP. I also have had zero spotting so far. I spotted last month starting on 10DPO, so I'm definitely on "spot watch" today. I also bought more tests last night even though we have 3 still in the house. I'm a crazy person. :) Any opinions on my chart? http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/38bca8

We (of course) really hope we're pregnant this cycle. But even more so because we're traveling to visit my in-laws next month and DH figured out yesterday that our fertile days for that cycle would exaclty be the three days we're staying with his parents! lol Oh dear ... not sure I want to do it a bunch at his parents house .... it will be interesting for sure. I think my mother-in law would cheer outside the door if she knew!

iVillage Member

I think your chart looks great! Last cycle my temp had dropped below coverline by 9dpo and that was obviously a bust so to still be up at 11dpo seems very promising to me. Are you going to test tomorrow? I'd be dying to! GOOD LUCK!

AFM - I'm only at 2dpo (in my estimation -- still waiting for FF to recognize it) and the days are creeping by. Thankfully I am super busy again with work, and probably will be for the next several weeks, so at least there's plenty that I SHOULD be doing that will help keep my mind off of it.

One thing that I think is kind of interesting is that my temps have not varied as widely this cycle. Last time the dip at ovulation was very low and the spike after O was super high. This time, it's only like .2 degrees down and then .4 degrees up (and another .2 degrees higher today). I'm wondering if this means that my hormones aren't fluctuating as much? Like, do I have less of an LH surge, and less progesterone this time around? Or do those correlations not exist?

iVillage Member

Thanks for the vote of confidence! :) I've had multiple drops below coverline, way before 11 DPO in my past two cycles, so I'm

iVillage Member

That IS interesting! And yes, it's the same for me -- last month was my first off of bc and my first month charting. I thought the crazy temps were just due to getting used to temping and not sleeping well because I was getting used to it. But I don't think I could have affected every single day's temperature; I know I got a good night's sleep and a good temp in there somewhere :) But overall they're so much more extreme last cycle that I'm thinking it has to be the reaction to coming off the synthetic hormones. Curious. I really do hope the smaller changes doesn't mean my body is producing less progesterone though; that seems like it would be worrisome. Now I have to go stalk some charts on FF to see if everyone's first month off of bc is like that!

iVillage Member

I think "getting used to charting" is definitely part of it too! Once we're in a routine things settle down. I think it would be the same, say if you traveled a lot one month and took a lot of temps in hotel rooms or other places. Your normal routine is interrupted, even if you think you're getting a good nights sleep.

I have the exact same worries about low progesterone though!!! It's like you're reading my mind! ;)

iVillage Member

We're so impatient (and hopeful) that we tested again tonight! Stark white BFN of course :( Now I'm sad, depressed, and convinced we have no chance this cycle. Wah.

iVillage Member
Hi Ladies! Happy Wednesday! How is everyone doing?

I called the MD today and I have an appointment next wednesday :) While I am thankful its only a week I wish it was sooner! I feel l like we are just wasting time waiting for AF to show her face. BLAH! I did manage to go swim laps today on my lunch which made me feel a little bit better but still feeling very blah and over whelmed with not having any idea whats going on! I am going to try and make it any early night!

I hope you all are having a good week :)

Pages