I was on the waiting list for m/w and just got one a couple weeks ago. My first appt isn't till mid-Feb. I'm a little disappointed that they said 'some' appts would have to be at the main office and now it seem as tho ALL appts will be. That is a 40 min drive from us when our OB is only 5 mins right now.
But the m/w team lives within 5 mins of me so unless they are at an appt, they will be readily availabe :)
I am actually starting to lean towards a home birth. If everything looks good, I will probably end up doing it.
We have our names selected though I think I'm the only Team Green that is in the 2nd trimester group. We are going in with two names from each sex and decide when we meet the baby. I am very much leaning towards Emma over Bianca though to honor my great-grandmother. :)
Emma Lucille Jean~~Emma is my great-grandmothers name
Bianca Lucille Jean~~We just like Bianca a lot
~~We both have a paternal grandmother named Lucille and Jean is my middle name. Two middle names is tradition in my DH's family.
Beau Rheal ToddMaxim Rheal Todd~~Rheal is DH's grandfather name and Todd is DH's middle name.
And no home birth for me....even if my asshat midwife hadnt turned out to be an asshat and has led me to be stuck with a doc....I still would have gone to the hospital.
Thanks Elena (elenaadrian) for my siggy!
Half to Whole
I'm happy to introduce Alexa Jordan :)
Anyone starting to think about names yet?
How is that going?
Anyone considering a home birth?
1) What is your favourite part about being in the second trimester?
I'm in the wonderful honeymoon part of the pregnancy, where I feel really good, and am not too big yet.
Well, we are a chatty bunch here :)
The u/s and knowing I'm over the half way hump.
2) What "pregnancy grumbles" have followed you from the first trimester and/or emerged in the second trimester?
Lower back pain when I walk around too much. This sunday is my last hockey game bc I am wrecked after skating around!
3) What is your favourite item in your "baby stash"?
I guess my cloth diapers - I have some really cute ones, LOL.
4) What worries you most, at the moment, about preparing for baby?
Just the financial cost of baby. Dh isn't doing PT work like we planned. I had hoped to buy a few things for baby. We don't really NEED anything. I would like
Hi everyone!! We found out we are officially on TEAM PINK!! Little Kathleen Louise is on her way! Both my sister-in-laws have had girls and are now done having children so they want to give us all their clothes and toys so I think our little girl will be well supplied with those items.
1) What is your favourite part about being in the second trimester? I love looking more pregnant and finding out the gender was great! We are so excited to have a healthy little girl on the way. Nausea and gagging are still here along with heartburn but as long as the baby is healthy I am okay.
2) What "pregnancy grumbles" have followed you from the first trimester and/or emerged in the second trimester? Along with the nausea and heartburn I am doing great and so happy to have a healthy baby!
3) What is your favourite item in your "baby stash"? I love the dresser I got at IKEA and it was fun putting some of the clothes I have been collecting into the dresser.
4) What worries you most, at the moment, about preparing for baby? Looking at the daycare centers and choosing the right one.
5) What's the best piece of advice you recently received? I think getting things ready for the baby now instead of waiting. This way by June I can just relax and wait for her to arrive. Shower will be in early-May so I have enough time to get the nursery ready.
Kathleen is 2 years old
Happliy married to Geoff for the past five years
Expecting baby #2 in June 2013!
1) What is your favourite part about being in the second trimester? Just feeling good in general, baby kicks and a growing belly.
2) What "pregnancy grumbles" have followed you from the first trimester and/or emerged in the second trimester? None from the first trimester have followed me since I felt good for the most part....Grumbles since...very dry skin and stuffy nose
3) What is your favourite item in your "baby stash"? My crib and bedding, neither of which we have yet, lol
4) What worries you most, at the moment, about preparing for baby? Employment after and daycare
5) What's the best piece of advice you recently received? I havent received good advice, mostly annoying advice...but me and a co-worker had a wonderful talk about breastfeeding including the ups and downs of it and she said she thinks its "total goddess work to breastfeed"