Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Jan – TTC #3 since August 2012

Kate – NTNP #3 since August 2012

Mary - TTC #2

Melissa - TTC #1

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 01-12-2013 - 5:19pm
I have such a hard time posting here still, often times I can't log in. I do miss the chatter. This has been a terrible cycle for me. Moving O dates and honestly I don't think the dates FF picked were acurate/
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-16-2013 - 11:13am

Holy cow! I'm finally here! I haven't been able to log in for a long time! I kept trying and had to upgrade to a different browser, but I'm here! I missed you all! But... as you can all see, I guess I will be moving to the other board! :)

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-16-2013 - 1:23pm

Kate - sorry your cycle was so wonky last time. Hopefully this month will be better.

Jan - congrats!!!!

AFM - I miss our little group here! The FB page is nice, but I don't feel it's for the day-to-day whines/chart checks/etc. we used to do here. Hopefully this thread can become more active again.

Powered by CGISpy.com

<
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-16-2013 - 3:11pm
Agreed! Good luck getting a sticky bean!
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-16-2013 - 4:35pm
Jan - Congrats on your BFP!! And on CD22 no less... I'm usually just 2 DPO then. Alyssa - I agree I miss posting here as well, especially for the everyday chit chat.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-16-2013 - 7:43pm

congrats on your bfp Jan!!! :)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-17-2013 - 9:20am

Kate - Do you have any special plan of attack for this cycle? I hope you get your BFP really soon!

AFM - I'm getting a little nervous to TTC again. I just wish I could skip over the TTC/being PG and just know there's a sweet little baby at the end, you know? I worry about having another loss, or not being able to get PG again. Stupid m/c's ruin all the fun/excitement!

Powered by CGISpy.com

<
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-17-2013 - 11:07am

Thanks, ladies! I am apparently an early ovulator. Last PG and this one both, I ovulated on CD11. So while my "official" due date is September 30, that is likely to change by at least a few days. Good luck to you!

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-17-2013 - 12:25pm
Jan - that makes sense. It's starting to look like I'm a "late" ovulator... all the things they don't teach you in HS health class, ha!! Alyssa - I can see where you would be nervous, and I think it's completely understandable. I think I would be the same way. In regards to what to do different this cycle... DTD more. :-)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-18-2013 - 5:28pm
Jan, congratulations on your BFP!!! Hooray! :) Alyssa, I hope TTC goes quickly for you. A crystal ball would be nice, wouldn't it? I definitely feel that way. (More below). Kate, don't get discouraged! I hope things all fall into place at just the right time. Anyone else hiding out there??? Come on over and post. :) AFM: Well, I'm feeling a little bit confused by the direction of our adoption journey. Part of it is my own uncertainty, and part of it is my hubby's mixed signals. We are usually great communicators, so it isn't like I'm trying to break some sort of "man code." It's just that I don't know what to make of what he is saying. Two months ago, he told me with confidence that I should start doing whatever needed to happen for us to adopt. So I dug into researching and figuring out a general timeline, etc. Then about two weeks ago, he was reading some material about poverty, and he was thinking that one of the best ways to combat poverty is to adopt children. We had a nice conversation, and I was really touched by his compassion. But then today, I asked him about how he felt about adopting a child with certain disabilities, and he seemed to shut down. When I asked him why he didn't want to talk about it, he basically said that he knows he will deal with any disability, and we'll be fine no matter what. But I explained that we will actually have to fill out a form saying which disabilities we would accept and which we wouldn't, and he said he would rather just take what comes our way. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way! Unless I do all the paperwork myself, and that seems kind of sad and isolating. On my part, I think I might want to have one more pregnancy. Adopting doesn't absolutely mean that we would be done having biological children, but my age will eventually play a role. So I kind of think we should go for one more before I'm 35, and then focus our attention on adopting. On the other hand, there are lots of children who need homes now, and my heart just aches for them. So that's where we are now. Even though it is confusing, I feel excited and happy.
Photobucket