Mon, 01-02-2012 - 6:51pm

Hi, ladies.

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-02-2012 - 8:07pm
Here are mine!
Mine are:
1. To work out, get in shape & lose the last of my pregnancy weight (I have about 7 lbs to go) plus at least 5 additional lbs. I want to be at 135 lbs or lower.
2. Get involved in something,like a new mom's group locally. I need to make some new friends and do something I like!
3. Enjoy everyday with my little princess!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-03-2012 - 7:59am
Great thread! Mariana's 2012 goals: 1- To keep my work situation in "slow-burn", but keep it burning!!!! While Fede was a tiny baby I was a SAHM full time, and I discovered I'm not made for it (just as I am not made for full time work either) I need a balanced situation between family and work to keep my brain functioning well. Anyway, this job I took will give me something to do for the following months, and hopefully by the time it's done, I will have something else lined up. 2- To start exercising. I never liked it, and probably never will, but in the past few years I've done nothing for my body, and it shows! Specially in my posture, so I will just do it! (BTW Erica, I totally get what you say about fitness, just because your weight is fine doesn't mean your body wouldn't benefit from exercise) 3- This one isn't entirely up to me, but if we get the $$, I'd like to start the construction of our own house. For rather obvious reasons, I'm so ready to leave this neighborhood!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-05-2012 - 10:42pm
Great idea Erica!

While I'm not slender, I do share weight loss as a goal with you ladies. I lost the baby weight but can't seem to lose anything beyond that and I am technically overweight for my height.

I want to get in better shape before we TTC #2 this spring so that has been my motivation. I'm doing ok so far. I just bought Zumba for the Wii and had my first afterschool workout today with some colleagues so I'm hopeful between the two, I'll see some results! I've lost inches since the start of the school year just from climbing the stairs to my 3rd floor classroom everyday but the scale hasn't budged. :-/

I eat pretty healthy and drink mainly water, but have a sweet tooth that creeps up especially at night. If I could find a good dessert substitute, I'd be set! Lol

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-06-2012 - 9:43am

Great thread idea.

This year my one overall goal is to get our house and finances better organized.

~Em~

Mommy to Nate and expecting a little girl Nov. 2012

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-06-2012 - 9:46am
I'm glad to have you all on board with me!

I haven't exercised yet, but I'm online to order a jogging stroller right now! Charlotte got enough Christmas money to round out the little bit I had saved. While I guess the stroller is technically for me, I didn't think Charlotte would mind ;)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-06-2012 - 12:12pm
My goals:

1. Spend more time outside. Peter is old enough to play more, the dog needs walking, and we have a family membership to the arboretum. This is turn should keep me more active.

2. Take advantage of the gym membership I pay for. I'm *ok* with my weight, but I need to just move more. I know I feel better when I do.

3. Take care of me. This can be blogging more, pampering myself, or even just not bottling up feelings quite so much. I have a new blog where I talk through this sort of stuff, but I'm not to the point of sharing it yet. It's still a little raw for me.

So really, the first two goals feed into the third one. I grew up outside, and I love it. I just need to remember that playing outside, even with Peter/Sean/the dog is really nourishing me too. I miss traipsing through the woods and such.
by sara photo sigbysara.jpg
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-17-2012 - 8:20am
You all have wonderful goals! Liz, I'm with you on being outside more. I live in Florida now...so no excuses!

Just checking in...

The jogging stroller arrived on Friday, and so far, I love it. The whole family went for a big walk on Sunday while Fletcher rode his new bike. I went for another walk with the stroller yesterday. No actual jogging happened, but it will. I talked to another mom at my church about a 5K in late March. I'm wondering if I might be able to be ready for that.

My "Take My Writing Seriously" goal is a tough one. I have so much fear wrapped up into the whole idea of writing. I don't know if I've ever talked about this on the board, but I graduated from a highly competitive MFA program (Master of Fine Arts) in poetry. Last year, the program was ranked 11th in the nation, and it was in a similar spot back when I was there (2001-2004). It was really a humbling honor to be there. Anyway, that experience pretty much knocked any confidence I had in my writing out the window. I learned a lot there, but it also really burned me out.

Well, I'm ready to get back into writing. I need to do this, or I'll always have the "what-ifs." So, my goal for this week is to contact people to be my sort of "opinions team," people who I know will be honest and straight-forward with their feedback. NOT family members. Even this tiny step is terrifying for me.

How are your goals going???
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-17-2012 - 12:19pm
Erica. congrats on moving forward with your goals! I just wanted to add that I TOTALLY get what you feel about loosing your confidence... My university had a very aggressive approach in terms of what was "creative" and "good architecture". In our first years, when you finished a project, you had to present it in front of the whole class (+120 students), and a jury of teachers would give you a veredict (they would actually tear it apart... think A. Idol. only it wasn't funny...). I've been struggling with my confidence as a professional ever since. I don't have much advice, just wanted to tell you that you are not alone, and that the only thing that helps is to keep trying. Good Luck!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-12-2012 - 1:28pm
Hey, ladies! I thought I would pull this thread out and see how your goals are looking now that we are several months into 2012.

My writing goal has been basically untouched. I dream about writing, but except for blogging, I've done nothing. I'm not giving up though!

I'm doing better on my fitness/health goals. I'm still going to yoga once per week (except missing over spring break and for a dentist appointment). Now, I'm trying to walk several times per week, and I'm limiting sugar for myself and the kids. Easter was a killer in that area, but I think we did well.

How are you doing with your 2012 goals?
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-12-2012 - 3:17pm

Great idea to resurrect this thread, Erica!

Well my weight has pretty much stayed the same since I wrote my goal in Jan., which is a good thing I guess, but with working FT, taking care of Selin, and being in grad school, I've had to put exercising on the back-burner until after I graduate in 3 weeks.

I was working out with some co-workers after school, but that only lasted a short time because once our afterschool clubs started, we couldn't coordinate our schedules. And now I do "patrol" right after school everyday and by the time I get done, I only have 15 min. until it's time for me to leave so it's nearly impossible for me to work out after school for the foreseeable future.

I haven't touched my Zumba game since Jan. but have every intention of doing so in a few weeks. DH and I have been trying to go for walks after dinner as much as we can since spring weather has finally arrived. I also downloaded an app to my phone and have been counting calories on and off for a few weeks so that has really made me aware of what I'm eating. Initially I lost a few pounds, but then gained it back when I didn't do my tracking for a few days. :-/

I'd love to lose more weight before we start TTC, but if it doesn't happen (I'm only a few pounds above where I was when I got PG with Selin), then I'm not going to beat myself up over it. I can only take on so many tasks and getting enough sleep each night is a bigger priority for me right now than trying to squeeze in one more to-do.

Pages