Kass, it sounds like he followed his heart and made the right decision for the family. The great thing is he is getting opportunities now, and hopefully something will come up in the near future.
Good for him for putting his family first and knowing something better will come along! A lot of people in his position would have just taken it and then have been miserable.
Thanks to Katie, Tara, Liz, Anne, and Joelle for my wonderful siggies!
Kass, I responded on your blog already,but wanted to pop in and say that I am sorry things didn't work out, but I really respect you guys for making that decision on what is right for the family, and not just for money you know?
I am sure things with the screen printing will take off or another opportunity will appear.
Kass--I totally respect Matt's decision. As someone whose DH has traveled for work during the course of our entire relationship, I will say that it can be very hard. I can't even imagine adding a child into the mix!
That being said, it sounds promising that they are willing to consider changing the schedule in order to get him to work there. If he would still be home enough to keep looking for something better, it might not be a bad idea to take the job. Or maybe the screenprinting will go well enough to tide you over until he finds something even better!
Good luck with whatever you two decide to do!