What would you do?
Find a Conversation
|Wed, 01-12-2011 - 10:22am|
I need some advice. I think I know what I am going to do, but I want to sit on this for a while and really weigh my options...this isn't a huge deal,so I really shouldn't make it one but I don't know what to do about it.
Every year on Mother's day my family and some friends do this walk - Race for the Cure - a 5k walk for Breast Cancer for the Susan G. Komen Foundation. We even had t-shirts made last year. It has always been a great time. It's something that I am super excited to have Gabby join us and will have her go with us every year. it's a great way to spend mothers day and since this will be my very first one I am especially excited about it.
Yesterday I got an email from a good friend of mine. Well she used to be a good friend. We have been friends since we were in 5th grade, so a long long time. We have hit a rough patch over the past year and haven't been as close. She keeps telling me she will send these clothes she has for Gabby but hasn't, and that she will come to visit, but hasn't....so anyway She said that she wants to join our team this year. She can't walk, she literally is in a wheel chair. She wants to do the 5k with us and push herself in her wheel chair and bring her mom and sister with. I am torn for the following reasons.
1. I know it shouldn't be about the company that is with on the walk and rather the bigger picture of raising money for Breast Cancer - I can hear my grandmother right now saying "Jessica, think about the reason for the walk" so with this I say the more the merrier
2. I can't STAND her sister and mother, they are all annoying as all get out. and I just don't want the drama that is her family with me on my very first mothers day. but I can't neccessiarly say that to her can I?
3. Last year my aunt (god bless her soul) was in a wheel chair, she was pregnant and she had us push her, her kids were also there (although this year I don't think they will be coming). so it took us FOREVER to get through the walk. It starts at 9 and takes a few hours to go through. They were picking up the cones as we were walking...like picking them up in front of us, that's how slow we were....
4. A wheel chair in a crowd of 50,000 to 60,000 people is so not fun! In fact I wasn't even planning on bringing Gabby's Stroller (although I will probably have to now that I think about it in case I need to change her diaper or something).....but it's a pain.
5. I can't really tell her I don't want her to be there or it's a family only thing because I have invited her and other friends in years past.