Finally Friday

Community Leader
Finally Friday
Sat, 11-24-2012 - 1:11pm

Our company enjoyed the turkey spread and spending time with the munchkins, but now they are on the way back to Georgia.  Our house is still relatively neat so that is a bonus. 

Meanwhile Christmas Eve is one month from tomorrow and I have no idea what the kiddos are getting this year - not a good feeling.  I also try to include a photo of them with my Christmas cards, but getting them to pose together is about is fun as herding cats so I haven't attempted it yet.  Sigh.  Or should I say bah humbug?! Undecided

What's going on with you this weekend?

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com
iVillage Member
In reply to: brie_k
Sun, 11-25-2012 - 1:27pm

LOL - I feel you. I've taken to highlighting everything and doing a ctrl+c before posting, that way I can just paste back in if I lose my post. It happens now and again.

Re: Halo 4, this is the first time a game has come out that I've not gone right out and bought it for hubs or Will (they each get a copy). Hubs just started Assassin's Creed 3 over his holiday break, so he's focused on that. I'd been getting two copies of the Halo games so the hubs & Will could play together (on their separate systems), but told Will that we'll be stopping that -- Will never has time to play with his dad. But, since I caved and told Will I'd foot the bill for a new controller, which he had asked for for his birthday and came out of his $100 allotment, I will probably suprise him with his own copy. But then that's it. Boy has got to start saving (he gets an allowance now) for his own games. They're just too expensive.

Speaking of allowances, Will is the only one who gets one because he has several things that only he can do (like take out heavy garbage and reach the bin, same with recycling) and he vacuums when he's reminded to. We just started him on the lawn (we're still mowing in Texas) which had been Libby's thing since 2009. I only give him $5/week, but will probably up it to $10 if he can just get it together and do things without being asked.  He wants the money, but doesn't want to work for it.

Now, Libby is primarily is the baby-watcher when I work, but she gets all kinds of perks. I'm always putting money into her bank account, and I buy her stuff everytime I turn around. Spring semester she won't be watching baby as much with her class schedule (heaven help me and Zo!), and I think I'm going to start paying her flat-out and quit with the gifts. These kids are bleeding me dry!

At the rate Jake is going, he's years from getting paid. LOL.Though he is old enough to help with Zo after school (but cannot pick her up -- she's 1/3 of his weight almost), so maybe come January he'll get a little something for that. I always need someone to help with her my last hour of work -- that's when things always get crazed.

Today's been such a good day with Zo. She's been very talkative and smiley, but she's pretty much like that most of the time. She has napped twice now in her swing -- she hates that swing usually. Of course, she's probably just a month away from being too big for it (I'm going to guess that she'll be 21+ pounds at her 4m checkup on the 3rd, breaking William's 4m record). I had to wash her rocking chair cover this morning, so I put her in her old bouncy -- she was almost flat on the floor with it. I've got to get a pic of her in it for comparison to when she was born. She's just so much bigger now. Smile

Need to grab all 4 kids and make them sit for pic. That's as best as we'll do this year for a holiday pic. Good luck getting yours together!

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
Community Leader
Sat, 11-24-2012 - 10:05pm

Crap, darn, and shoot.  (I mean stronger wording.)  I had a longer response, but it disappeared...

I wished Will a Happy Birthday, and Brie a safe biopsy.

I mentioned that Matt loved Halo 4.  Guess you can tell I am too lazy to type twice.

or three times.

I hope we will get our pics taken and tree up and gift purchased...  LOL.

Is there a skip button or fast forward? I wouldn't mind jumping to poolside!

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com
iVillage Member
Sat, 11-24-2012 - 3:37pm

So nice you got to see the family. Smile Bonus that you don't have to reclean!!

We're big on lists, and as a consequence, Christmas really isn't a surprise. I told all three big kids that next year, there will be more on the list so I can pick and choose. We only spend $100 per kid, so they're pretty particular about what they want. That just doesn't go very far. Anyhoo, Lib and Jake are done, and Will's birthday is done (it's Thursday), so gotta get Will's Christmas presents and then I'm technically finished (Zo will get a couple token gifts, but not too much since she has too much for her age already). Not sure what hubs is getting. Was putting Halo 4 under the tree for him, but he wants it "before the world ends." Silly man. Good luck with your gift gathering!

Woke up at 4 unable to go back to sleep, and then Zo was up at 5, so fed her and then ironed 10 shirts. Was nice to knock that out so early. We put the tree up yesterday, and we decorated this morning. Zo loved watching the chaos that is that event. Took a bath (you know -- mom of a tiny thing and I'm lucky to get a shower once a week)... even shaved my legs -- another bonus! LOL. It truly is the little things.

Ordered some RAM for my work computer this morning, super excited that I can expense it AND have a faster computer. That's going to make my worklife so much easier! Or, at least will eliminate some cursing that I do when my programs are lagging. Smile

Now, nothing left to do this weekend at all except hit TRU and get formula. Which I'm dreading, but will have to be done since we're almost out. Shouldn't have let it get so low. I'm usually better about it, but this week has been chaos with work and the holiday.

I'm having a biopsy on Tuesday on that lump we found... really scared about it, both the procedure and what it could mean. If I think about it too much esp while holding that baby, I get really teary. I'm really woozy with the whole needle thing, too, so the nurse was able to talk my doc into prescribing one Zanax for me. Cannot take it until after I sign releases the morning of the procedure, so not sure how much it will help during, but hopefully will help me be a little calm. I can hardly afford to be out for the morning with work blowing up, but my managing partner is very supportive and told me to take however long I need to be out of the office, so that's nice. Keep a happy thought for us. I'm getting more nervous the closer it gets.

Hope everyone is having a relaxing weekend!

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8