Finally Friday

Community Leader
Finally Friday
Fri, 11-30-2012 - 9:46am

Happy Friday! 

I have my Christmas cards printed, just need to type up a newsletter for the folks who (unlike you) I don't talk to everyday, LOL.  Hopefully I can get that done sooner rather than later.

Saturday night, I am going out to dinner to celebrate a friend's 40th birthday and then we are going to see 'Life of Pi.'  I am on page 40 of the book (356 pages in all) so there's a good chance I won't finish it before we see the movie, but with me you never know...

What are you doing this weekend?

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com
iVillage Member
Fri, 11-30-2012 - 3:39pm

I also have my Christmas cards printed....just need to sit down and get started on them.  Did some more Christmas shopping today...almost done!  I should be done by early next week and then just have to finish up wrapping!!!

Tomorrow we are suppose to go out to dinner with some friends....Grandma is coming over to watch the boys!  I need to get our "Elf on a Shelf" Nick out from hiding...they boys have been asking about him.  Riley is all clued in on Santa this year, he keeps telling me "MOM, i know Santa isn't real"  I just tell him he has to believe!! 

Pretty low key weekend for us. We need to get the tree trimmed, but I cannot do that without the boys here....they will not like that, they like to help. I was suppose to have a massage this morning but her phone died where she kept her calendar and she double booked me with someone else and they were there already, but I'm suppose to go tomorrow morning!!!  Woot!

TGIF...have a great weekend!

Spring Siggy
Community Leader
Fri, 11-30-2012 - 6:01pm

Cute, the Elf on a Shelf is catching on big down here.  We don't have one, but keep seeing pics of everyone else's on Facebook!

You need to rub off on me.  I am nowhere near done shopping!

Photobucket"
iVillage Member
Sat, 12-01-2012 - 9:09am

We're not doing cards this year. I know we should with the baby and all, but I'm just not up for the pictures, ordering, sending, all that. I'm so pressed for time (and money, LOL) that we'll just do something nice next year. I do need to get my stuff together though and get the picture books ordered for our parents from shutterfly. I haven't even got all the pics I want uploaded yet. Good grief. I will send you our address if you still want to send a card to us knowing you're not going to get one in return, LOL.

Today we're going through baby clothes and finding gender neutral ones to send to one of Libby's BFFs -- they just found out they're having a boy. Poor college students, so we'll help out as we can. I still have an unopened package of size 1 dipes that Zo couldn't use, so will send those along as well. Whenever Libby irritates me (no very often), I thank my lucky stars that she's not like so many of her friends out there having babies, getting drunk, etc. I've got a really good, smart kid here. Smile

It is very sad to go through the big bag of clothes though. Our baby is 4 months old today, and looking at all those tiny (relatively speaking, LOL) baby clothes just makes me long for those early days where we just hung out on the sofa snuggling. I know I enjoyed it and I know we snuggled a lot so I don't feel like I missed out on anything, or that she did. But you know. They just grow so dang fast! <sigh>

My desktop memory for my work machine will arrive today via fedex, so I'm going to have hubby install it when he gets home tonight or tomorrow. SO excited!! My machine is such a slow thing.

Groceries, ironing, laundry, and I'm going to clean our bathroom today. Very ambitious! I need to pick up a hazmat suit though, LOL. It's been THAT long!!

Hope you ladies have a great weekend!

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
Community Leader
Mon, 12-03-2012 - 2:16pm
Hazmat suit - very funny! Send the address (I don't send them with any expectation of getting a Christmas card in return). The site is going crazy with the error messages! First I wasn't authorized to post and then it couldn't find our forum even though I was just in it. Nuts!!!
Photobucket"