Finally Friday

Community Leader
Finally Friday
Thu, 12-06-2012 - 7:21pm

Claire has early release from school (love that although it's tricky to catch the bus at the right time).  Claire's friend Elaina is having a birthday party at Bounce U on Friday night.  I will drop Claire off, but can't stay because I have to go with DH to his annual work Christmas party.  Matt and Dave are going to pick Claire up from the birthday party at the bouncy place (I have already given the mom Matt's cell number just in case).

We have no time to be tired on Saturday from those festivities because Saturday night is Claire's birthday sleepover for the girls in her class (including Elaina).  We have to clean the house, get gift bags, balloons, and pick up pizzas before the girls arrive.  Claire is already tired just from Disney on Ice last night so I am making her go to bed early tonight so she isn't a hot mess in front of her buddies.  Gee whiz, have we survived yet?

What are you doing this weekend?

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com
iVillage Member
Fri, 12-07-2012 - 11:06am

Wow, you have a busy weekend!!!  Hope Claire's birthday party goes off without a hitch!!!  I'm sure it will.  Why clean before they come..they are just going to mess things up...Surprised

We don't have much planned for this weekend....only thing is on Sunday the boys will have Sunday school from 9-10 and then from 1-3 they have to back to practice for their Christmas program.  Luckily the Packers don't play until Sunday night..otherwise Riley would give me lots of trouble....He loves watching the Packers.  He keeps telling me he's going to be a Professional Football player....not sure how I feel about that one yet...Yikes!

We may be getting some of that white stuff this weekend...but that's okay...I like Christmas to have a little snow!!  Then it can go away and 70 degrees can return!  Ha!

TGIF.....Holiday Luncheon and then the afternoon off on the company!!!  Yay!

Have a great weekend!

Spring Siggy
Community Leader
Fri, 12-07-2012 - 2:50pm

Hey, you watch all the games anyway, Mom.  He just wants to be in them!

You aren't kidding about the mess the kids will make.  We have trouble recovering from 1-hour playdates.  Oh well.  You only turn 9 once, right?

Happy happy weekend to you!!!

Photobucket"
iVillage Member
Sat, 12-08-2012 - 7:54pm

Hope the sleepover is going well! These are such fun times. I love my boys for sure, but there's just something about little (and big) girls. Smile

I'm on my one millionth load of laundry (or feels like it, LOL). Got some work done today because this coming week is going to be sick. Did some other cleaning as well. Need to bathe the stinky baby, but that will have to wait until tomorrow. Along with ironing. Maybe tomorrow I can rest a bit, too. We'll see. Smile

I have a pic I'd like to share of Zo, but of course THAT'S not working either. So disappointing. iVillage is turning into a 4-letter word. Frown

Hope you ladies have a good weekend!

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
Community Leader
Sat, 12-08-2012 - 8:14pm

Aw, man.  We NEED to see those baby pics!

The sleepover is moving right along.  The girls are as loud as all get out, but they are getting along well so that counts for something.  I'm tired enough to sleep well enough for all of us, hee hee.

You still need to email me your address in your spare time too, girl - mhannah3@nc.rr.com - thanks!

Photobucket"
iVillage Member
In reply to: brie_k
Sat, 12-08-2012 - 9:48pm

Sent the email with a pic of the babe. Smile

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
Community Leader
Mon, 12-10-2012 - 12:00am

Brie did send the pic and the address, but I have to clarify.  We have seen pics of Zoë and yes, she is a super good eater (like I have room to talk).  Anytime her mom calls her BFB (Big Fat Baby), let's just say we have the photo documentation on file and you can't contest it.  This last picture is the icing on the cake, so to speak. 

I double dog dare anyone to say Brie doesn't take time from work to feed the baby....

Photobucket"
Community Leader
Mon, 12-10-2012 - 1:14am

All right.  Just in case you were thinking it was time to have a sleepover for your little darling based on the birthday adventures of my Claire, think again.

It started out well enough.  Only one girl in Claire's class wasn't able to make it.  This was unfortunate, but not for that girl...

The children had a good time, but I dubbed it a No-Sleepover.

Kid's arrived at 6.  Pizza arrived at 7.  Then Cake.  Then Presents.  Then an hour to play. 

We started putting children to bed at 9 p.m.

Played a movie at 9:30 hoping some of the tired ones would fall asleep...

You could imagine how sad we were at 11:00 when everyone was still awake.

The last one fell asleep at 1:10 a.m.  I'm not exaggerating.  She was the only the 2nd-grader (the 3rd-graders were all asleep at last)

Oh man, I can't tell you how many posts I posts I have lost!  UGH!!!

I will try again tomorrow...

Photobucket"