Finally Friday

Community Leader
Finally Friday
Fri, 12-14-2012 - 1:17am

Okay, the good news is I mailed your Christmas cards at long last (they've been ready for 2 darn weeks while I stress-Christmas-shopped).

The bad news is I (dumb me) thought you could just read my family newsletter on the blog so I didn't include it...

But it's super tiny so you can only read this one if you save it first, print it, or zoom in on your computer screen.  See what happens when I try to save one branch in my precious rain forest - ugh!  Next time, I may take out a whole acre just to show I'm not being cheap.

So, back to the weekend, I have to send out the other 99% of my Xmas cards.  Bah humbug.

Friday night is our Christmas Bunco.  We have the game where we all bring a $20 gift and do the white elephant exchange up to 3 times and it is out.  It's fun until you get stuck with a store-bought fruitcake (actually happened 5 years ago - still talked about quite bitterly by the gal who got stuck with it - not me though so it's all good).

This weekend I will get the Xmas cards out to the masses (AKA our family and the rest of our friends).

Saturday is super uber huge because baby boy who was only 8 lbs, 10 ozs (exact same as our other boy, Big D) Big Matt has a birthday and turns 19.  Now it may seem impossible because today I bought a bottle of pinot grigio to take to Bunco and was carded (thanked the cashier and Loreal repeatedly and profusely), but that miracle made my dream of being a mom come true.  He doesn't know it, but we actually lost one before Matt so he is extra, extra, extra precious today and always.  I can never forget that he is really the second of "an even five." 

Meanwhile that same 'jerko' quit the restaurant, hasn't started college, and we're making his 16th car AND insurance payments for him while he knows I'm not working because I have 6 weeks on and 6 weeks off with Claire and Dave's year-round staggered school schedules.  Since he introduced us to the IEP (Individual Education Plan) with his ADD, you would think that Matthew would be more sympathethic to our plight with his "mini-me except worse" but no such luck.  I should give him a bill, but I don't want to spook him into a horror story like I've heard from my husband's family.  Enjoy the little ones while they are little, my pals!

Anywho, what is going on with you this weekend?

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-18-2012 - 12:55pm

Hope Bunco was fun...did you end up with a fruitcake??

Why did Matt quit the restaurant??

Hope he had a good birthday!!!  Hope he finds a job soon, so you can stop paying his bills....hope you and I win the lottery....(just thought I'd throw that in there...LOL)!!

Our Weekend was okay....rained almost all day Saturday....all our snow is gone from our first snowfall, and the grass almost looks green...so weird for this time of year!  Sunday was the boys xmas program at church...long...almost an hour and 1/2....yikes!!  We had to hurry home ....didn't want to miss the opening of the Packer's game....good lord, doesn't our pastor know what's important on Sundays...LOL!!!!

Spring Siggy
Community Leader
Tue, 12-18-2012 - 2:58pm

There was no fruitcake - phew!  I got a bottle of wine and a snowman wine stopper, very cute.

Unfortunately the Bunco hostess came down with the flu the next morning, I kid you not.  She's taking Tamiflu.  Hopefully the rest of us won't be sick for Santa.

The lottery would be very nice.  Matt somehow got knocked out of the scheduling system and instead of asking why he wasn't getting any hours, he just got used to not going in.  He is a piece of work.  I love him, but he doesn't have a clue.

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com