Finally Friday

Community Leader
Finally Friday
Fri, 01-11-2013 - 2:38pm

Happy Birthday to Me!  I'm 45 years young.  OMG, where does the time go?

I will spend the weekend making my family wait on me hand and foot (yeah right). Tongue Out

What are your plans for my birthday weekend?

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-11-2013 - 5:00pm

Happy Birthday to Margaret!!!!!  You should make them wait on you!!!!

Well, we are going to do nothing....Dylan is going to have to stay home from Basketball tomorrow.  I'm not taking a chance of a relapse with him.  He missed 4 days of school this week.

Big Packer's game Saturday night.....Go Packers!!!

Hope you have a nice birthday!  TGIF!

Spring Siggy
iVillage Member
Sat, 01-12-2013 - 8:26am

Happy Birthday, Margaret!

Glad I can login again.

Here's our crazy-long update. I feel like I've been gone for forever!

Crazy week here and glad we've hit the weekend. Abbreviated version: Libby was in a car accident on Saturday (she was hit by some idiot trying to make an illegal left-hand turn from the center lane and Libby was in the left lane going straight). She is ok, but the Jeep is in bad shape, and we've been without a car until just after work yesterday -- rented a cute little black Yaris. This car has some get-up-and-go. Catherine the Great (our Jeep) did too, so nice on that score. GEICO finally looked at the Jeep yesterday and we'll hear on Monday if it's a total loss. If repairs cost more than 80% of the value, we're getting a new SUV. And I'm torn. I love Cath. She's fully loaded and we got her for a steal, even though we've had to put some $$ into her. Still a bargain. But, Libby hit the curb with such force that the wheel came off - pulled the rim and all off the base, so hubby is concerned about what that did to the frame and things that maybe cannot be diagnosed just by peeking. But, Jeeps are made to go off-roading, so I think maybe we'd be ok. But of course that's one of those crystal ball things, right? No idea.

But, between the $$ they give us and my refund, we could stand to have about $8k to put toward a new car here very quick. If I don't get W2s today, I'll get them Monday for sure and then can file lickety split.

The worst part of this, apart from scaring and scarring Libby for who know how long, is her age. She cannot drive the rental until she's 21, and that's months away. She has 7 classes/week beginning Monday, so I have to ferry her back & forth to school. I'm going to lose 8 hours of working time minimum next week. The appropriate people know, and we'll make due, but if you know me, you know that doesn't set well -- I hate being a bother and I hate pushing anything off on K. I've been working like a dog to get my house in order, but you know. Things pop up at work and we cannot anticipate how crazy it's going to be.

But, I'm working this weekend to help pad my hours (have 8 hours OT this week already), so I'll be fine pay-wise and all that. I think since the w/o Christmas I now have about 35+ hours of OT anyway, on top of what I'd already saved, but I love that cushion. And it's not OT in the true sense -- it's comp time. We use any hours over 40 as extra vacation time. I think all told I've probably got 2 extra weeks of vacation time this year from what I didn't use when I went back part-time with Zo, because I think of those 6 weeks I maybe had 2 where I didn't work full-time. I need to ask Accounting for a tally.

Anyhoo. So, it's been crazy this week just dealing with all of the car stuff. Note: if you don't have rental coverage on your policy, get it! It only is costing us (for renewal, since I didn't have it at the time of the accident) $36/6 months. The rental is costing $175/week. I'm so mad I didn't have this coverage. But I have full cov on everything else, so that's good. If I only carried liability we'd be in really bad shape.

Work, of course, continues to be challenging. We're down to two in my department, and I'm calling it the K & Brie Show now. Entire company has been a bit restructured department wise, with people reporting to people they never had, people being moved to completely different departments, etc. K and I have a manager now -- which scared us because I found out early that it was happening. But, this person is really on our team, and it's looking to be a good thing. She's not going to micromanage us (so, she won't fiddle with our workload unless we ask her to), and is leaving decisions up to K and I. Which is great because she and I work so well together and always use each other as a backup when things get crazy. We were talking at least once a week before this big change, but now we speak 1-2 times daily. LOL. Sometimes, it's even work related! LMBO!!!

So. It's all just crazed. But, we'll manage as we ever do.

In other news, Monday begins my alone-time with Zo during work hours again. Been so nice having Libby home for almost a month, particularly with the holidays and all the working I did. Zo is great, but she's a bit high maintenance. So, we'll see how it goes. She's still a big baby. Weighed her just prior to her turning 5m and she weighed 23 1/2 pounds. I put away the swing that day since it's only recommended to use up to 25 lbs. We miss the swing like whoa. She's no where near mobile (that's probably a blessing, right!) and doesn't even roll over anymore. She's just too roly-poly I think. LOL! She's found her feet, but can only reach for them (and hit her knees). It's hilarious to watch her. And she talks a lot -- but it's happy screaming. I think she could break glassware with her high pitch. K called yesterday while Zo was scream-talking and thought she was upset. Nope, that's just the girl giving us her 2c. LOL. She especially loves to do this at 5am. She's so silly.

And that's our update. Whew!

Hope everyone has a great weekend, and a great birthday celebration for Margaret! :)

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
Community Leader
Sat, 01-12-2013 - 3:48pm

I think that's smart to let Dylan rest. You're such a good mama!

Enjoy that Packers game!!

I am going to forward the email conversation Brie and I have been having.  Poor Libby is okay (thank God), but was in a car accident - so scary.  It can happen to anyone so buckle up and be careful out there everone!!!

Photobucket"
Community Leader
Sat, 01-12-2013 - 3:54pm

LOL, and now I scroll down and see that Brie already told you that.  Too funny.

Thank you for the birthday wishes!!!!

Photobucket"