Finally Friday

Community Leader
Finally Friday
Thu, 01-17-2013 - 9:58pm

Oh yeah, it's Friday!  We are supposed to get our very first snow of the season which has already caused them to call a 2-hour delay on the school buses - fine by me!  We like to sleep in, lol.

On Thursday I had an eye appt and the doc found a big patch of irritation/scarring on my cornea so I'm on steroid drops 4x a day for 2 weeks.  Hopefully that will clear it up.  If not, he has big plans for my dry eyes (that I hope we won't have to do). 

Saturday is Book Club - yay.  I'm looking forward to that and yet another new restaurant that I've never been to.

What are you doing this weekend?

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-18-2013 - 2:35pm

I'm jealous...we never get a delay!  Hope you don't get too much..it will shut the town down!!

Was your eye bothering you??  Hope the meds help...a little steroid is good every once in a while...just ask Lance Armstrong...OOPS...did I say that!  Sorry!

Enjoy book club...must be fun trying out all these new places!

We have basketball Sat. morning.  Then Dylan is going to a friends house for a sleepover....I think he has been packing his bag since Monday...he's so darn excited.  So it will be just us and Riley Saturday night...will have to think of something fun to do!!  Our Packer's season came to an end last week.....so sad!  No more Packer's until the fall!  So, now I'm adding Sunday's to my workouts....lets all go to the Y....Yay!  That's about covers it form this part of the world...Smile

Spring Siggy
Community Leader
Fri, 01-18-2013 - 6:16pm

Marhannahs1 - "sorry but that user wasn't found"  HA!  Since when, oh creator of these increasingly crazy error messages?!

Anywho, our snow - if you can call it that - caused dozens of car wrecks but was more of a dusting than anything.  My poor Dave popped out of bed to play in the snow and there wasn't really anything out there.  Someone told me that Target was completely sold out of sleds (!) so I'm sure he wasn't the only disappointed pumpkin.  I dropped some clothes off at Goodwill tonight and the guy there said he'd been hoping we would get 5 FEET.  ROTFL.

I always have dry eye problems, that's why I don't wear contacts, but last week it felt like I had sandpaper in them and blinking didn't help one bit.  The eye doc scared me because he said it looked like band keratosis which can be caused by hypercalcemia, too much calcium in the blood, which can be a sign of a serious illness (cancer is a big one).  I had labs drawn last week for the thyroid appt today and LUCKILY I saw calcium scroll by on the screen and made the nurse stop.  It was normal, highest point of normal, but NORMAL - phew.  I really hate all those years I worked in the hospital sometimes, lol.  He also said that thyroid medicine dries out your eyes too, but it's not like I can ever stop taking that so we will deal with it even if it means he blocks my tear ducts so my eyes can't drain (yuck, right).

I started the drops today.  The copay was $30, highest I've ever had with our insurance, but the retail price on the receipt is $302.  Thank you, DH, for going to work today because it was like a $270 bonus, ha ha.  When I go back in two weeks for the recheck, I'll be able to tell him the calcium wasn't sky high and hopefully the band of irritation will have cleared up.  He took a pic so he'll be able to compare pretty quickly.

Work out on Sunday for me!  Cool

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com