Finally Friday

Community Leader
Finally Friday
Fri, 02-15-2013 - 2:50pm

Okay, it's the weekend.  Katie's boyfriend is here.  They had early release from school and are celebrating their 5-month anniversary, very cute.

I have to pay a bunch of bills today and then I get to play.  The Bunco Babes are going to dinner tonight and then to see 'Identity Thief.'  Not sure if DH will think I've lost my mind when I go out to dinner again tomorrow night with my book club, but I don't make the schedule, LOL.

I ordered a new Shark vacuum from Amazon and never received it.  The seller gave me a sob story about sending it to someone else by mistake, but it's been 26 days and now I'm just hopping mad.  I figure if I go to the store tomorrow and buy one though that I'll have the first one finally show up on the doorstep - UGH.  I should have used a Prime shipper.  They have stuff at your house in like 2 days.

Anyway, what are you doing this weekend?

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com
iVillage Member
Sat, 02-16-2013 - 9:43am

Amazon should refund your money -- as long as you've sent something to the seller, you can then do some sort of thing where Amazon refunds the money. I don't remember how it works, but we ordered something last year for Jake for his birthday, never got it. Filed the claim for it, and they put the money in a credit for the site almost immediately -- though you can get a check, just takes longer. Since we use Amazon a lot, it was just easier to get the credit. Really frustrating. Good luck!

Weekend involves shopping for groceries and booze, for sure. LOL. We just got a nifty cart-thingy for Zo, one of those padded cart covers. We always take the stroller in, but now that she's a bit bigger (and starting to sit up on her own for very small amounts of time), we're gonna try out the cart. I'm really excited to try it out!!

Made our first car payment this morning. Ouch! I'm paying twice what we owe though and if I keep it up, instead of paying her off in 60 months, we'll manage it in 27. Goal is to knock a few thousand out, and then just pay it off with bonus/tax money. I just need the $$ in the bank for a cushion until we can do that and still have a bit left over. I truly could pay her off in April if I didn't care about the cushion. But, after all the car issues and just general stuff that pops up, I need something squirreled away.

Paid off the baby today, too! Well, paid off the hospital anyway. Still a LOT of payments left on her, ROFL!!

Exceptionally hard week at work just emotionally. There's so much politics involved in this tiny company, so ridiculous. Our new boss, as it turns out, truly is only concerned about the gal who got switched to another dept, the gal we lost from our dept. SO upset about that. I'm sick to death about hearing how awesome she is, and how not awesome K and I are. Found out that someone else who is higher up (but not a partner) made a statement about how K and I don't want to work OT (Fancy Pants does, and a LOT of it). Well, duh, who DOES want to work OT? I've got 4 kids and a life (haha, ok, I don't have a life, but I do have those kids and the little one who esp. needs my attn), so the last thing I want to do is have to work over. BUT, not wanting to and unwilling to are two different things. I always put in the hours needed to get my work done. In fact, since the week of Christmas through y'day, I racked up 50 hours of OT -- that's a lot, even for me. AND, just Tuesday I was working at 4am on an urgent job. So, someone just doesn't really understand. And, there's some question as to our working hours. The same gal also said we don't like working past 5:30. Ok, well my hours have NEVER been to work until 5:30. Ever. I've always worked 8-5 Eastern time, whether in the office or at home. I keep the same hours here, just happens that I'm in a different time zone, so I work 7-4 my time. I'm still working the same hours everyone is in the home office.

So, it's just a bad situation right now. Even after this new restructuring happened, I wasn't really upset. Had a lot more work, but wasn't always bummed out. Now I am, on a too regular basis. Now I wonder about my future with the company. And that's really sad, because I like what I do. And usually, I like the people I'm working with. Now I just feel like I don't matter, and that what I do isn't remotely appreciated.

If I were the next one to be laid off, I wouldn't be a bit surprised.Frown I'm going to talk to my managing partner though. See what's what, what we're expected to do, etc. Maybe if she's in on it, things can be squared away. We'll see.

Anyhoo, it's the weekend. So, that's a good thing!

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
Community Leader
Sat, 02-16-2013 - 3:16pm

Oh I'm sorry to hear you are feeling so unappreciated at work right now.  That is rough.  Definitely talk to the managing partner.  They don't want to even think about getting by without you!

Great job on paying those bills.  I feel like we're getting buried under an avalanche of them.  One minute I'm thinking I need to apply for the nearest 'any-job' just to have a paycheck again, and then the next something happens with the kids where I know I'd be fired for not being able to work enough hours - even parttime.  It's a quandary.  With the little kids in school for 6 weeks, and then one or the other tracked out for the next 6 weeks it is too crazy to consider.  I am so proud of you for being such an amazing juggler with a young baby - amazing!!

I will definitely see what Amazon says.  Guess I'll get to see that customer service in action...

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com