Finally Friday

Community Leader
Finally Friday
Thu, 02-28-2013 - 4:52pm

We're going to have to clean this house over the weekend.  I had it looking nice when I got the new vacuum, but things have gone all to heck this week.  There are too many of them and only one of me, LOL.

It's also time to start nagging about DH working on the taxes.  He said over and over he was going to do them in February, but do you think he did?  Nope!  He is the world's best procrastinator.

What are you doing this weekend?

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com
Community Leader
Sun, 03-03-2013 - 11:28pm

Sounds like your positive attitude is due to that good snuggling, very nice!

That is a cool toaster oven; you will definitely enjoy the convenience.

Can't wait to hear the baby stats!  Hang in there with the sleep training. I think a lot of it depends on the baby.  Dave loved his crib and happily slept in it every night. Claire hated that same crib and spend every night in bed with me. I didn't do anything different - they just strong natural preferences.

Photobucket"
iVillage Member
In reply to: brie_k
Sun, 03-03-2013 - 7:00pm

Well, the transition to the crib from our bed has been a super hard one. She continues to handle it until about midnight, then it's back in bed with us. Baby steps, I guess.

Everyone is caught up on snuggle time, though. Tongue Out All is back to our normal, happy selves.

Yeah, work needs to shake itself out for sure. I just found out that we're looking at another HUGE study with big client, about twice+ the work of this one we're just finishing up, in the same amount of time. We've done an AMAZING job with this one, 10 reports that we merged into 4, and I know we can do it again. But I just wish we had some breathing room. We'll know what's what there on Wednesday. As far as the other, with our manager, well, K and I just need to suck it up, understand that it is what it is and that it won't change, that Fancy Pants is the main focus because she's the Master Manipulator, and just do our thing. It ain't worth losing a job over, truly. So, tomorrow morning I'm sending a super positive note to K and we'll just be the hard working girls we always are, and we're just going to put our heads down and yes ma'am the heck out of it. I just cannot stress about it anymore, and I'm not up to half-butting anything. I'll continue to bring it and do what I do best. Everyone who isn't on board can suck it! Smile

Did get hubby's bonus, not quite what we expected. Disappointed, but still a huge bonus by any rights. He needs to pick up his reimbursement from the Dallas thing, then I can get Jake his computer. All the extras go into savings for our just-in-case fund.

Ooh, something fun. Our toaster has been stinking lately, so I bought a cool toaster oven this morning. Tested it out with Toaster Struedels (which are so bad for you but so good) and made 10 at once (!!!), toast, and chicken nuggets. Pretty dang cool. It is also a convection oven and a broiler. So. I need to test out those features soon. We've never had such a thing, so it's pretty neat to us.

My digital scale was kaput -- new battery didn't help, so got a new one of those, and will weigh the baby tomorrow. Very interested in how much she weighs. That'll be in my tomorrow post. If I'm not all death-by-working tomorrow, LOL.

Oh. And I don't believe hubby has EVER mopped in the 21+ years we've been together. So. Good on you!! Smile

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
Community Leader
Sun, 03-03-2013 - 1:32pm

Aw, you are just too popular - everyone wants their snuggle time!  Hopefully you can get caught up on that sleep.  Everything seems so much harder to deal with when you're tired.

That's rough about the job. They need to get it together before they burn you guys out. Sheesh!

Saturday evening turned out to be super good here since DH mopped AND I got to out to dinner with the gal pals for a bday celebration.  Yummy food and a clean kitchen make me a happy girl. I've tried to make nice with the mess, but it's a slippery slope - LOL. 

Now I just need to get that grocery shopping knocked out....  Must step away from the computer....

Photobucket"
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-02-2013 - 9:20am

I think that really sums up motherhood right there -- there are more of them than there are of us! I am thinking it would just be so much easier to make nice with the mess and clutter. Wink

Need to get hubby's taxes done soon, too. He worked 2 weeks straight, is finally off for the entire weekend (virtually unheard of to have the weekend off unless he's on vacation). So, we'll see what happens there. I know Will downloaded some DLC from one of hubby's games for him (such a good kid), so there may be more relaxing than tax doing. LOL.

I think the girls and I are going to run to the dealership today to get my plates. Here in TX when you get a new car, they get the plates for you. No DMV trips for us! LOVE that! But, plates have been in for 3 weeks now, so we need to get it done. Upside is that my paper tags don't expire until the end of the month. So, no rush.

Need to also think about groceries, cleaning, etc. We'll see how much I get done. I'm just too tired. I'm either working or cleaning something anymore. It's just too much to be a working mom some days.

Work continues to be not optimal. It's gotten worse, actually. Our manager really isn't on our team -- she acts as though she is, but she isn't. And, it's not just hard on our end. At first K and I thought this was just growing pains, you know, adapting to the changes. Now we think that this is just the way it's going to be. Too much work, not enough support, and certainly not enough pay. People have just gone off the rails and we're along for the ride, unfortunately.

But, I need my job. And, K and I are REALLY trying to get to a place where we don't complain so much and just keep lifting each other up. It's hard. We'll get there eventually, though. I think. Smile

In happier news, baby is 7 months old now. Time has flown! Still not STTN. Still a very fat baby. Going to weigh her today though, see if the solids and cutting back on formula have helped at all. I took the crib away from our bed yesterday and put it back on the other wall, but girlfriend prefers to sleep with me. Last night was hard. Made it in her crib until 11:45, then was in bed with us. And then she was loud and fussing, and so hubby and I got into an argument about who is getting more sleep these days, and he slept on the couch. I just really don't have a sense of humor in the middle of the night. Zo wants me, he's pawing at me, and I'm not getting any rest. And you know what it all boils down, to, right? Sex. Yep, we're not having it (been 5 weeks now, good grief -- we never go this long). I'm simply too tired. I get so few hours of sleep at night, too often have a baby right next to me to boot, and I guess it's really taking its toll (99.9% only on him). Maybe this weekend. If I can stop picturing me smashing him with a bat. LMAO!!

Onward and upward though, right? Things can only get better!

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8