Finally Friday

Community Leader
Finally Friday
Fri, 03-22-2013 - 2:49pm

The weekend is here!  Claire has soccer practice tomorrow at 5 pm which seems weird, but I think they are trying to cram in some extra practices before the games start.

Katie is still hunting for the elusive prom dress.  Her friend found a strapless number for $325 that had to be special ordered and still needs to be altered.  I hope Katie isn't trying to duplicate that nightmare.  Anyone have a strapless, junior size 4, full length gown with bling around the bodice laying around that she can borrow, hee hee?

What is happening with you this weekend?

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com
Community Leader
Sat, 03-23-2013 - 10:27pm

Aw, there's that gorgeous girl!  I was just thinking the other day that it has been too long since we've gotten our baby fix with a pic - thanks! I'm sure the blood work was all for naught, but let us know what they say.

Bonuses rule, enjoy! I'll be interested to hear how the stick vac works for you...

It took us all day, but we were finally able to "say yes to a dress." The first one she tried on was pretty, size 4, and my favorite color (blue) but it was $540 so we politely declined. The one we eventually bought is called "rose petal" and is too big (size 6), but we're going to have it taken in. It was $245 which is still crazy for a one-time thing but obviously better. Katie got the cutest pair of 4-inch heels so she is way taller than I am when she's wearing them. She is going to practice between now and prom so she isn't picking herself up off the floor. Her boyfriend came over to see her dress and said "I think she looks beautiful." That made all the driving and searching today worth it.

And for the record Ladies, I came out of the womb bigger than a size 4, hahaha.

Photobucket"
Community Leader
Sat, 03-23-2013 - 10:14pm

I'm glad Dylan is feeling better!

Yep, it's outdoor soccer. We freeze when the season starts and cook by the end, LOL!

Photobucket"
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-23-2013 - 4:22pm

Good luck finding the perfect dress! I haven't been a size 4 since about 2005, post divorce you know. We won't speak about my size now. LOL. Them's just fighting words!!

Been SO hectic the past few weeks. Mostly work-related, but then this week it was internet woes -- I truly hate Comcast. But, after 2.5 of low to non-existent connectivity, they finally fixed us. According to the line tech, all of the neighborhood has new to only 1-year old equipment. I'd like to take credit for all of it. The neighbors should drop checks into our mailbox, LOL.

Work has not improved, sadly. Got a count of my OT (comp time) -- and it's 200 hours. About 90 of those are from this year alone. It's pretty tough. I've got 11 days of the 37 coming to me (5 weeks comp, 2 weeks vacation, 2 floating holidays) scheduled in the calendar so far, but I'll be getting more on there as I can. Taking off the week of Libby's birthday in May just because, and then 6 days around July 4th so we can go see the 'rents. Hard to get time off because I don't want to put K in a tough spot, so I have to keep both of our schedules in mind before I can really think about it.

Anyhoo, weighed Zo on the 3rd, at just past her 7m mark, and she was up 2lbs 3oz, so FINALLY just Thursday got around to calling the doc (because K made me, LOL) and she wanted bloodwork. So, we did that this morning. Was as awful as you would expect, but she bounded back quickly and is fine. They took it out of her arm, which is so surprising given her arm is super fat, LOL. SHE is just rotund everywhere.So now we wait to learn that she's fine, just has hubby's fat gene. Wink And then I might slap the pediatrician for putting us through this!

Our yard is being overrun with weeds, so I finally bought a gallon sprayer and some concentrated round-up and took care of that already today. Have vac'd and mopped Zo's living room area and the kitchen. Done some laundry. Picked up a Hoover cordless stick vac -- with this tile everywhere, seems like there's always something on the floor and now that Zo is more mobile (not crawling, but very effective at ending up on the tile, LOL) we need something to help in between the Dyson vac'ing. Is neat because it also has a dustbuster on it that you can remove, so we'll see if we like it. Have to charge 18 hours, so will test it out tomorrow. I so wanted to get the Dyson Slim, but dang -- $330 is just too much to spend on a cordless vac, KWIM? Esp. since our main Dyson was about $600 back in the day. I think hubby would slap me if I spent that kind of money on something like that. Of course, I'd slap back, but you know. Wink

Oh, and Zo got her first tooth the other day!!! We knew it was coming (well duh, all babies get teeth eventually), and I think another one is coming soon. She's SO FUSSY!!! Of course, I'm starting to think that our little girl IS just fussy. I tell you. Girl has opinions and isn't afraid to share. LOL.

So, that's us. Oh, and hubby DID get more bonus. Checked his account yesterday because it was payday, noticed two direct deposits. So, his boss came through for us. Nice that he fought for more, but even better that the company made good. Smile

Here's Zo from the other day.

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-23-2013 - 12:49am
Would you be interested in attending at online presentation to make your home safer using green product to clean with. Email me and I will get you the information to attend. ;)
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-22-2013 - 5:48pm

BTW....it would be nice to be a size 4...don't think I ever was!!!!  Good luck finding that prom dress, can't wait to see pictures...Smile

Spring Siggy
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-22-2013 - 5:46pm

I'm sure you are doing outdoor soccer...we on the other hand are still doing indoor soccer!!!  Riley has both a baseball clinic and soccer tomorrow and Dylan has soccer.  He's been feeling pretty good, so looks like he will be able to go to his friends birthday party sleepover.  He's so excited!! 

I will be disinfecting our whole house from top to bottom.  I've even considered opening up some windows to let the cold air in to help kill any germs....we would have to go for a ride for awhile or freeze!  That's really all that is on my agenda....Hope you have a great weekend!!

TGIF!

Spring Siggy