Finally Friday

Community Leader
Finally Friday
Thu, 03-28-2013 - 5:44pm

Good Friday!  The alterations are supposed to be done on Kate's prom dress today so she's anxious to check that out and make sure it is right. Everyone is off from school so I guess the four of us will go to the fitting; we did the first time and the little kids weren't too impatient.

I need to stuff the plastic eggs for hunting and dye the real eggs for Easter. The little kids love both tasks so it's fun to have their help. I know we're having ham on Sunday, just need to figure out what I'm cooking with it - easy enough since it'll just be us.

Also have a lot of reading this weekend. Our book club selection is The Poisonwood Bible which I've heard is a strange story and it's long - 576 pages. The Kindle knows I'm a poky reader and estimates that it'll take me 13 hours to read the darn thing. Oh the things I do for book club. Still I've always had the books read on time and don't plan to quit now.

Oh yes, I also need to go to the mall in my spare time to see a piece of Dave's artwork that is on display. He isn't much of an artist yet overall, God bless him, so he and I are wondering why they chose his (only 5 kids in the class are represented). First grade art is fun regardless so we'll enjoy the hunt.

What is happening at your house this Easter weekend?

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-29-2013 - 5:45pm

Hope the dress alterations went well!!  That's so much fun, at least for Katie!

We also need to color our real eggs tomorrow and I need to stuff some fake ones with some money....coins and/or $1.  The boys LOVE to get money....better than candy.  They will be getting some candy, but not much at all!  Both grandma's will do baskets for them too.  So I try to stay on the light side.

Tomorrow I have a nail appointment in the am....the boys want to see the movie the Croods.  Looks cute.  We may fit that in too.  Going to my MIL's for Easter, my parents are coming too....new girlfriend for my BIL is coming too.. They are so cute together.  They have bought a house and are moving in the end of April.  I think this is a serious one!!  Should be a wedding in the future!  That's our holiday weekend!  At least there is no soccer this weekend...gives us a nice break!

Hope you have a great weekend!  Read, read, read!

Spring Siggy
Community Leader
Fri, 03-29-2013 - 6:45pm

The Croods does look good - have fun!

Do the boys know how lucky they are to get baskets and be able to spend these holidays with both grandparents (or do they just think it is a matter of course)?

I am so happy for your BIL; that is awesome.

Have a super wonderful special Easter!!!

Photobucket"
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-01-2013 - 6:01pm

You know that's a good question, I think Riley might get it, but not so sure Dylan does.  Steve's Dad passed away in May of 2003, Riley was born in December of that year, so they have not known their grandpa on Steve's side.  We talk about him, but it's funny, they don't have a lot of pictures of him.  I don't think they took many picture's when Steve and his brother were little or at all for that matter.  I think about it some, as my parents are getting up there, 81 and soon to be 82.  They are in great health, but I can see them slowing down for sure.  I try to tell the boys to take advantage of them now as they won't be around some day.  Give lots of hugs!!!

Spring Siggy
Community Leader
Mon, 04-01-2013 - 6:25pm

I hear you. My grandma Dot passed away a month before Claire was born and I'm sad that she never got to meet her like the older 2 kids did.

As for the hugs advice, an awesome plan for all ages - you are a smart woman!

Photobucket"