Finally Friday

Community Leader
Finally Friday
Fri, 04-05-2013 - 9:17am

Happy Weekend!  We have soccer practice Saturday at 10 am. Our "extra" practice today at 6 pm is canceled due to wet field conditions - they aren't kidding. It rained cats, dogs, and farm animals yesterday, LOL!

Today, a girl who used to work with me at Duke Hospital is coming over and bringing her 4 kiddos who are on spring break. That's a lot of kids, hahaha! At least it'll inspire me to get my housework done by noon which is when they are arriving.

We did go see Dave's artwork at the mall and it wasn't bad at all - phew! Pics on the blog for your decision since art is an individual preference. Laughing

We still haven't heard about Kate's prom dress which is making us nervous, but I know they had a ton of them to alter so maybe all is well?? We'd rather have them take their time instead of rush, that is for darn sure.

What's going on with you guys this lovely weekend?!

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-05-2013 - 6:12pm

Happy Friday!  We got back from the sports park, the boys had a blast!!  I was able to walk around the yard this afternoon, picking up trash from the winter.  Most of the snow is gone, tomorrow it is suppose to rain, so hopefully the grass will start to green up!  We have soccer tomorrow morning as usual.  Not sure what else we are doing....playing it by ear!  Sunday is back to sunday school and lunch for Papa's 82nd birthday!  Then we are going over for cake.  Dylan says to me...what kind of cake, I said I don't know.  He goes, Call nana and tell her it better be something we like!  Well okay, sir!  Even though it is papa's birthday!  He cracks me up!

When is prom??  You may want to call just to make sure they haven't misplaced it....Yikes. 

Hope you had a nice visit with your friend and 4 kiddos!

TGIF!!  Have a great weekend!

Spring Siggy
Community Leader
Fri, 04-05-2013 - 11:16pm

I'm glad you had fun at the sports park!

Our visit went well, I put the pics on the blog in another of my infamous digital diaries. Are they horrible (Smilebox)? If so, tell me now and I will stop forever!

You know, you and I think just alike. After I posted it, I thought why am I waiting? So I called the tailor and guess what? The dress has been ready! It is altered fine, but somehow it had an ink stain before (Katie!). We went to the dry cleaner but they couldn't make any promises so we brought it home.

I asked Kate's boyfriend if he would still go to prom with her and he said sure. He is a keeper! We will still try to get it out.

Dylan sounds a lot like Dave. Give me good cake or don't invite me!

Photobucket"
iVillage Member
In reply to: brie_k
Sat, 04-06-2013 - 7:21am

Have you tried hairspray on it yet? Hairspray is a wonder -- have been using it to get ink out of things ever since I was a teenager, after my great aunt gave me the tip when I marked on my white sweater with a black thick sharpie. We've used it on everything from tees to suits. So, definitely give it a try. And, you just need cheap aerosol hairspray. Final Net works just fine, though I think for the suit all I had handy was my expensive salon spray. It worked, too. And, once you hairspray it to death, the dry cleaner shouldn't have any problem getting the residue off.

Of course, depending on where it is and what your results are, maybe you could just bling the spot with something? Time to get out the bedazzler. LOL!!

Poor Katie. Good luck! Let us know how it all turns out!

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-06-2013 - 7:35am

Well, yard work going on here. We didn't get to it last weekend with it being coldish and rainy, and we REALLY have to pull up the dead weeds. Gotta get gas for the mower too so someone can mow. Good grief. Before Zo, all of the housework/yard work was so easy. I've never had a yard I had to maintain when the kids were real little (always had an apt until Jake was 4), and it's crazy how hard it is to find time to do just about anything with Miss Fuss Pot around. Of course, there's work, too, and that's something I didn't have when the others were little, either. Oh, and I wasn't an old lady, either. LMBO. It's just a new ballgame altogether!

Need to run some errands, hit the bank, pay bills, grocery shop -- the usual. We'll see how much I get accomplished.

Oh, but I did tell you about that little cordless stick vac, right? OMG -- we love this thing! The dustbuster part of it is less than stellar (it comes off so you can use it to get small stuff, but the suction isn't fabulous on carpet), but otherwise, it's great. I can do the entire house that isn't carpeted in about 10 minutes. Libby and Jake use it in their rooms, but I still prefer the Dyson in my room. And, we use a swiffer for in-between heavy mopping, so my floors are looking pretty good these days.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Brie
Community Leader
Sat, 04-06-2013 - 1:51pm

I will have to try the hairspray, thanks!

That's cool about the stick vac. I do love time-saving devices.

You're not an old lady; I'm an old lady!!!!  LOLOLOL

Photobucket"
iVillage Member
In reply to: brie_k
Sat, 04-06-2013 - 9:42pm

Well, good news about the yard. Not that we got anything substantial done today -- but, it was warmish/cool this evening so I thought I'd check out the weeds in the "garden" space by the front door and running down the side of the house -- Libby came out to help. I wanted to try the weed eater again (I have a sweet 4-cycle gas powered weed wacker because I'm a BAMF, LOL) and it WORKED! It didn't the last time I tried, but does now so tomorrow I'll weed wack and trim stuff while Libby mows. Will be awesome. Couldn't do it tonight due to light running out and that it's a bit late to be doing yard work. Oh, and wasn't wearing my protective eye wear OR my tennis shoes. MUSTS for the super weed-wacker!

Today the girls and I went out and ran errands. At the grocery store, the checkout gal asked if that was my first grandbaby, "that" being Zo. I didn't let it get to me because 1) I'm a stone cold fox, and 2) if I hadn't had my almost 21-yo and the babe with me, that wouldn't have happened. I suppose we practically are 3 generations. But yeah, I informed her politely that those are both my daughters and this kind of thing happens from time to time. LOL. Libby's always pushing the stroller and making a fuss over her baby sister, so I see how one could assume Zo was hers. And let's face it -- girl spends as much QT with little Zo as I do. Though, when Zo gets in a state, only mama can calm her. Inconvenient as that is sometimes (when I'm working, for example), it still makes me happy to know that Zo knows that I'm her Number One. Smile Even so, every morning when Libby gets up and comes to see her, that baby girl DOES light up. She does loves her some Libby!!

But. She loves me more! Smile

I know I'm a bit old for a wee one. But, it is what it is, and I wouldn't change it for anything. 

Brie
Community Leader
Sun, 04-07-2013 - 7:37pm

Aw, I can already see what'll happen. Everyone is going to think your grandbabies are yours too because they always see you with Zo. You just keep those busybodies guessing, LOL!

Photobucket"