Finally Friday

Community Leader
Finally Friday
Thu, 04-11-2013 - 8:34pm

TGIF! I begin the day with an IEP meeting for Dave with all of his teachers. They are including a speech therapist as he still has trouble pronouncing certain things - th sounds like and f sound - "twenty-eight, twenty-nine, firty... It needs to be fixed now that he is a chatty Kathy rather than quiet and shy like he used to be!

DH is going to take Claire to her soccer game on Saturday (if the field isn't wet from rain) while I go to meet some of my online book swapping group. I've been trading online for years, but they recently started a Raleigh division and we don't have to pay postage if we trade face-to-face. My only worry is they won't have anything I want, but it'll be worth taking a look and meeting some new people. Can't believe the get-together is at 2 pm which is the same time as Claire's game, weird timing!

Sunday I'm going to clean out my coupon binder and try again. I've been ignoring it big-time!

What are you doing this weekend?

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-12-2013 - 12:51pm

Pretty boring weekend here....boys have soccer Saturday morning.  We will be going out to dinner with some friends Saturday night..(not so boring)!!  Sunday is Sunday school for the boys and the usual groceries, laundry, and cleaning mixed in!  The April weather has been awful here!  Literally sucks!  I don't remember the last time I saw the sun!  Starting to get kinda cranky about that!  It has rained basically this whole week.....and a cold 40 degree rain!  Please Mother Nature.....send some warm weather our way!  I promise to be nice!

Hope you have fun with your meet and greet book club stuff!  Sounds fun!  Go Claire!

I kinda like the "Firty" that Dave says.  Dylan still has some letters that don't sound quite right....cute for now, but I know it needs to get taken care of!

TGIF!!!  Have a great weekend!

Spring Siggy
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-12-2013 - 1:22pm

Yay, TGIF! I was all geared up for what I thought was going to be a super busy Saturday...and then realized that it's actually the Saturday after next that all the activities were occuring. Oops. Too bad all the events couldn't be spread out between the two Saturdays so that we're not running around like crazy all in one day!

marhannas1: I've had the exact same worry when meeting online friends in real life but 9 times out of 10, it turns out to be a non-issue. Can't wait to hear about it! Regarding IEP's- have you ever posted on our Special Education Plans board? We talk about IEP's quite often over there. Here's the link:

http://www.ivillage.com/forums/forum/20177

mom_my2sweetpeas- Enjoy your dinner out with friends! I'm jealous, LOL ! 

Lisa 

Community Leader
Fri, 04-12-2013 - 2:43pm

Mary, Boo hiss to the rain. Go away. Have a great weekend regardless!!

Lisa, thanks for the link. Didn't realize that was there! They're going to do another BIG eval on my son next month. I may need the support after that meeting...

That's funny you had your Saturdays mixed up in your head - I do that ALL the time. God bless the folks who print calendars or we would never be where we are supposed to be, LOL.

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com