Finally Friday

Community Leader
Finally Friday
Thu, 04-18-2013 - 9:19pm

Let's see, we have a soccer practice on Friday, plus 2 games (one Sat and one Sunday). Claire is going to be worn out.

Friday night is Bunco for me, and Saturday night is Book Club so I should have lots of fun.

What are you doing this weekend?

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-19-2013 - 3:59pm

This is a big birthday weekend for us.  Dylan's BD is the 24th.  He is having 2 friends stay over Sat. night.  I think we are going to take them bowling!  Then Sunday we are having the family over for a lunch and birthday cake for my big 7 year old!  He is very excited!!

I've been keeping a watch on the whole Manhunt for that 2nd Boston Bomber....very intreging!  I hope they find that guy soon!  I'm kinda surprised it has taken so long.  Especially if he was with his brother, how did one get shot and the other one got away?!?!?

Happy weekend!

Spring Siggy
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-20-2013 - 9:36am

So glad it's the weekend!

Really busy at work Tues-Thurs. My counterpart was at the home office for training Wed-Fri, so that made things a bit more interesting, but managed to get a TON of work done and only 5 hours of OT, LOL. Yesterday was dreadfully quiet, so I got to pay a lot of attn to the manhunt in Watertown. Had the scanner link up and running most of the time and let me tell you, that was intense. Like thousands (maybe hundreds of thousands?) of others who had linked up, I heard when they caputured him before the media did (but only by seconds -- news was flying yesterday). So glad for all of MA that they caught their guy.

We've been babyproofing this week. Little FussPot is SO mobile (still belly crawling, but did take a few "steps" on her hands/knees -- tile is too slippery for that, so only on the carpet). Got the hearth foamed up and also the glass top of our media "center" -- it's a table with glass shelves, really. Not remotely baby friendly. So we had the back couch cushions in front of the center, but she's now climbing onto those, so, we took apart the baby jail and it's now around all of the media -- TV stuff, speakers, and the DVD/Blu-ray bookcases. Can operate the remotes, but not sure how well the x-box will fare. So, may cut out part of the gate for that, or, may put it up on top behind the big tv. It will fit and be visible, but hubby doesn't want to move it. Whatever. He's sucha a dork sometimes. I'm just trying to keep our electronics safe and operable. She ALMOST broke the x-box last week when she got to it and opened it and was yanking on the tray. Shhhh -- mustn't tell hubby about that. LOL! I think I'm going to pick up another 5x8 carpet this weekend. I just feel better when she's got a bit of a cushion to roll around on. Oh, and other fun stuff -- she can FINALLY hold her weight standing up! Big accomplishment given how big she is, LOL. Doesn't stand with help for too long, but she's getting stronger. Mobility has helped with that, I think.

I've been sick all week, which has been a bit hard. Like a summer cold, but I think I've got some bronchitis, and that's the hard part. Just coughing so much. Hard to sleep, more tired than usual. Taking some of Jake's cough med samples -- OMG. Stuff is nasty. But, effective. May have to go to the doc next week if I don't improve drastically this weekend.

And, I think I've got a loose crown. Really scared about it, so I've got to get to our dentist. A new one we picked last year, but we've never been. So calling them first thing on Monday to see when I can get in. Will be good to go -- need to get appts for all 3 big kids while I'm at it. Have to be careful with food until I get in. Nothing hard or chewy. Bummer. Frown

Will finish babyproofing hard edges of tables today, get some cleaning done, and hit the grocery store. Pay bills. Just the usual. Playing catchup on all I don't manage to do during the week!

Have a good weekend, ladies!

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
Community Leader
Sat, 04-20-2013 - 4:17pm

Happy Birthday to Big Boy Dylan!!

I was surprised too that the bombing suspect was able to avoid capture for as long as he did. Crazy! Nonetheless, I'm glad they have him in custody now. He is 19, same age as my Matt. Matt is dreaming of getting a puppy someday while that idiot was dreaming about killing and mutilating innocent victims with bombs and guns - seems like some sort of evil alternate reality rather than real life.

Hooray for babyproofing. I don't know why babies gravitate toward the electonics, but it never fails. Maybe because they instinctively know they are the most expensive to replace, LOL. 

Sorry you are sick, Brie. I had some sort of crud last weekend but it's gone now (and the side pain is disappearing so it must have been a muscle strain like the doc suspected). Feel better and let us know what the dentist says...

Photobucket"
iVillage Member
In reply to: brie_k
Sun, 04-21-2013 - 8:12am

Well, I was able to get in to see a dentist yesterday afternoon. Not ours -- said they couldn't fit me in until May 8?? This one I went to used to work at the one we're assigned to, but left because it's too rush-rush and so busy (no kidding, right)? So, she did some x-rays, popped off my loose crown, then cleaned it up, florided the inner tooth, and then cemented the crown back on. I waited an hour to see her and then since she doesn't take my insurance, spent a little over $100, but, so totally worth it. Feel so much better knowing it is secure again and I can eat! Smile

I'm going to Walgreen's Take Care Clinic this morning here pretty soon. Yesterday I went online and it said the wait was way long, but maybe if I get there first thing this morning it won't be too bad. This really awful cough medicine that was working, isn't working so well anymore. So, it's time to be seen. We all have a cold, but I'm the only one who is feeling it this hard. Probably because I get no rest! And, I typically get bronchitis at least once a year. Been a long time since I was really unwell, so I am due. LOL.

And I finally called my girl at the salon, and I'm going in to get my hairs worked over today at noon. Really excited about that. No kids, just me. I'll grab a Starbucks and then get some pampering (will be a very long visit -- usually 4 hours when I get cut/color). Need to remember to take a book. Will be awesome! Smile

Brie
Community Leader
Sun, 04-21-2013 - 3:10pm

All right, you'll be feeling good and looking good - very NICE!!!!

Photobucket"
iVillage Member
In reply to: brie_k
Sun, 04-21-2013 - 7:04pm

Yep -- was the first one at the clinic (yay me!!) and I do have a sinus infection and bronchitis. Got some antibiotics and some kind of pill for the cough. Funny thing -- Dad and I cannot take morphine, right? It has no effect on us (and we both learned this the hard way).  Well, all the Rx cough meds the nurse found had morphine derivatives (including one that Jake has been prescribed, Bromfed), so that's how I ended up with a pill form. Already after only two doses of those two meds I feel a bit better. By tomorrow night I'll be close to 100% I think. Well, at least as close as I get with having a baby who doesn't sleep. Wink

My hair is awesome! I've been doing box color now for a long while, and I did get chastised for that, but my gal did heavy highlights and now it's looking smashing. A good cut, lots of thinning (I have super thick hair) and I tell you, I feel so much better knowing my hair is up to snuff. The girls and I will all go in on the 11th to get my deep conditioning and then my gal will style me up for the event. Just a flat iron -- nothing crazy since it's so windy in Houston, but having her flat iron it will make sure that not a strand is missed. No matter what the rest of me looks like, my hair will be amazing! (I have this stupid wave that came about when Kramer and I divorced, and it's such a PITA to take care of if I want it to be straight.)

Next weekend the girls and I will go to the mall to find my gown. Cannot wait. I'm still not as thin as I prefer, but I'm just going to embrace my life-creating curves. Smile

Tomorrow I start tanning. I want just a hint of color. I can get that done in 3 weeks at just a few visits per week. Not super tan, but not pasty white either. Of course I will share a pic of the final result. And I know you and Mare will tell me I'm sexy even if I'm a trainwreck. RIGHT?!! LOL.

Oh, and I stopped at Sephora today and grabbed Libby a ton of stuff -- I was gone for almost 6 hours, and presents are the best way to make her be happy when I walk in the door. Small price to pay for some pampering and Me time. If Momma & Libby ain't happy, ain't nobody happy! HA!

PS -- Zo was a bit fussy while I was away, but less than her usual. So, that's something. Smile

Brie
Community Leader
Sun, 04-21-2013 - 10:22pm

Girl, need I remind you that you rocked that party when you were preggers - I already know you are going to look great this time too!!!

Thank goodness you got the antibiotics to clear up those infections. Life is too short to deal with that on top of everything else, right?

Smooch that baby and Libby! I never know what I'll find when I get home. Usually it's good, but I rushed home from book club on Saturday night (just had a feeling) to find Dave still awake and blood gushing from a cut on his upper ear... Apparently he and Claire were playing on my bed and he toppled off. {Deep sigh}  DH can't understand why I can't stand the horseplay, hello?!  It could have been a lot worse.

Nonetheless, take those meds and feel better fast!!

Photobucket"