Finally Friday

Community Leader
Finally Friday
Thu, 05-16-2013 - 8:34pm

Well, our planned camping weekend has a lot of rain in the forecast so hubs is going to let me stay home where it's nice and dry. The little kids are still going since they think mud is an adventure. I'll be able to stay home with the teens who are super bummed they won't have the house to themselves - oh well! Tongue Out

DH is meeting his friend there so they will still have a good time. I'll have fun too since Saturday night is Book Club and I didn't want to miss it anyway - woohoo!

What are you doing this weekend?

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-17-2013 - 10:04am

I'm sure the littles will have fun, and nice that you don't have to be a part of the muddy festivities. Yuk!

I'm still cleaning. Not as much done during vacation as I'd hoped (but my kitchen looks AMAZING, still). I broke down a ton of boxes and got them into recycling this morning-- have a ton more to do, but garage already looks better. Found several boxes good for books in Libby's room, stuff we don't read (old textbooks, binders, work books, that sort of stuff). She's got shelves near the ceiling with all of those, and needs the space for her stuff. Zo is in there a lot with her and Libby's just got too many things a babe can choke on.

Libby is still in bed, but once she's up, we'll go into the garage and get some more things sorted. My bestie at work wears my old (very old size) and I have a lot of nice clothes she could use. She is always going somewhere nice, so hopefully will find everything and send her a care package. I'm sure I'll get more fit over the summer, but I will probably never be wearing 8s again. And, if I get there by some miracle, I'll just get new stuff. :)

Need to hit the grocery store, and get mentally prepared to go back to work, LOL. It's been nice, but honestly... being on baby duty 24-7 has been challenging for both Zo and I. She misses spending time with Libby. I think that's why she's being so fussy this week (along with maybe teething?). I love her so, but my days of being a SAHM are too far behind me to want to do it again full-time. Wink

Have a good weekend, ladies!

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
Community Leader
Fri, 05-17-2013 - 5:47pm

They're gone and Claire is texting me from the road. I swear that child is a grown woman in a 9-year-old body, lol. DH doesn't even know how to text for Pete's sake.

I am proud of you for being so productive on your week off! I should tackle the toy room while Claire and Dave are gone, but right now the Kindle is calling me. Geez I love that thing!

Babies are a lot of work. I miss having a baby around, but I do realize how much easier it is not having to bathe/entertain/anticipate/feed/change/monitor/cuddle/yada yada a munchkin anymore. You are a Superwoman, no doubt. Glad Libby is such a super sister!

Have a joyous weekend before you get back to the work grind!

Photobucket"
Community Leader
Sat, 05-18-2013 - 3:49pm

Oh man, I haven't been able to clean or Kindle!

The vet called and said Mandy's cortisol levels were way too low so take her off her meds for a month. I said okay, and then before it was even time for her to skip the first dose she got really sick. Couldn't walk - threw up/peed and pooped all over the room she was in, and developed this weird eye twitch that was just plain scary. Finally got her to her feet and she was stumbling around and falling like she was completely intoxicated. Of course, the vet was closed by then so we had to go to the expensive emergency vet - UGH.

They said it wasn't related to her other problem (the canine Cushing's). Sometimes old dogs can simply develop vertigo and Mandy has a horrible case. Her head is tilted to one side, she is dizzy and that's why she can't walk straight. Hmm. So now we have a medicine for that. I thought she was going to die (looked like a stroke or seizure in progress), but the vet said nope. Just have to work hard to get food and water in her because she doesn't want either because she feels sick. So I have a high maintenance "baby" here just to spite me for saying life was easier now - totally jinxed myself.

The campers must not have cell coverage because no one answered by texts - hope they're having fun despite all the rain coming their way!

Meanwhile I'm having to get up all night to check on the patient and I've been deep cleaning the carpets (thanks, Bissell). Thank goodness I didn't go camping or all of this would have happened to the dog in the middle of NOWHERE!

Photobucket"