Finally Friday

Community Leader
Finally Friday
Thu, 06-06-2013 - 9:46pm

We're supposed to have up to 3 play-off soccer games this weekend (if we win the 1st, we play again, etc) but with Tropical Storm Andrea dumping rain on us the field might end up being too wet... Time will tell, but Claire wants to play because the team party is also on Saturday which means trophy time. It'll be interesting to see how it all 'plays' out. Tongue Out

What are you doing this weekend?

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com
Community Leader
Tue, 06-11-2013 - 10:15am

Ooooo, a spare washer and dryer is FABULOUS!  I actually feel sorry for my washing machine because I run it so much, LOLOL, and we don't even have a baby anymore.

I'm glad you will have the movers to help. When/if we move again, I'm really going to try to talk DH into that (4 packed bedrooms, desks, living room furniture, appliances, huge treadmill, an old piano, 6 TV's - I mean seriously, we aren't getting any younger). Tongue Out

Your poor legs! Don't forget to apply that cream you told me about - it helps.

Photobucket"
iVillage Member
In reply to: brie_k
Mon, 06-10-2013 - 6:36am

You can hire movers for either/or -- these guys (3 of them) are ours until we set them free. Presumably until the job is done. I expect it to go into the afternoon hours. No way these guys can get us loaded/unloaded in under 6 hours, no matter how much moving we get accomplished ourselves.This is only our 4th really big move (with a gaggle of kids and tons o' stuff), and the second I've had to pay for it myself. If only we had a pickup AND hubby had the inclination to do back-breaking work. Libby and I are tougher than the men we live with, LOL. I've got about 50 bruises from this move already! My legs look like someone's beaten me! No cuts yet though. When we moved from Charlotte I had a lot of razor knife cuts. I believe I've mentioned how clumsy I am. Wink

Some really super news -- our realtor found us a "like new" (I hope that means what I think it means, LOL) washer and electric dryer for $200. She's going to find a guy to move them for us. A bargain if they work well. So, I'll have a spare of each.

Glad Claire was able to have the party and get her trophy. Pretty fantastic that they're undefeated! Here's to victory today and tomorrow! w00t w00t!

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
Community Leader
Sun, 06-09-2013 - 9:16pm

We did get to have the soccer party on Saturday - Claire loves her trophy - and we had the first playoff game on Sunday. After an undefeated season, the little stinkers won so we have to play again on Monday! (and again on Tuesday if they win that). The rain has really dragged out the season.

Believe it not, we've never had movers (which may account for how much I hate to move, LOL). How does that work? Do you get them for a certain period of time or until the stuff is transferred from Point A to Point B?

Photobucket"
iVillage Member
Sun, 06-09-2013 - 9:32am

Hope you've been able to get the soccer in -- boo, rain!!

Our big thing this weekend is still move prep. Movers come on the 16th, we get keys to the new digs on the 13th or 14th, will start moving in some things we don't want movers handling either on Friday or Saturday. Probably Saturday if Libby is working on Friday. I'm not taking her to work (and picking her up, LOL), and with her gone, couldn't manage Zo and moving stuff anyway.

Saw the house yesterday, finally. It's not awesome, but it will do. Still, got a lot of space. Nice yard. Big garage. It will work, and we can always find a new place in a year. HA! That idea just makes me sick! ROFL. We really only have to stay in TX for 2 more years, then I'll be pushing hubby to move us somewhere not so hot!

Still a bit stressed about how we'll manage to get everything done, but I know we will. One way or the other. We've still got this house until the end of the month, so we'll be able to get everything cleaned up. And, I'm off the 17th & 18th, so I can get the bulk of the new house unpacked. Well, at least the things we need immediate access to, anyway. Smile

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
Community Leader
Fri, 06-07-2013 - 1:42pm

21 months - what a fun age. You will be able to get your baby fix without having to worry about paying for braces or college, right? Laughing Have a fun time and hug that baby for me!

Photobucket"
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-07-2013 - 11:09am

Hope Andrea doesn't bring too much wind/rain ya'll's way! We got a verrryyy outer band from her last night and I was surprised how strong it was. Luckily we didn't lose electricity or anything.

Not much going this weekend- just the way I like it, lol! Babysitting a friend's 21 month old for a few hours on Sunday but that's about it.

Lisa