Finally Friday

Community Leader
Finally Friday
Thu, 06-13-2013 - 8:06pm

Claire is excited to have her field day today (was supposed to be last Friday but they were rained out).

Saturday night we're having Book Club at the Melting Pot (fondue restaurant). It is one of my favorite places to eat but I haven't been in over a decade so I'm WAY overdue!

Sunday is Dad's day. DH mentioned after camping that he needed a knife so I bought him a cool Swiss Army knife that has something like 32 gizmos on it. I think he will like it.

What are you doing this weekend?

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com
Community Leader
Sun, 06-16-2013 - 5:11pm

Oh wow, that is all good news! How far apart are the houses?

You should be so proud of the kids, very impressive.

Claire has her end-of-grade tests this week. If she doesn't pass, she won't be promoted so she's stressed because she's not a strong student. We're going to get plenty of sleep, a big breakfast, and not worry about it!

Good job on getting so much accomplished already!

PS The Melting Pot was so much fun. It was 5 of us girls, we did all 4 courses, and had a great time. I hope there is one near you!!!

Photobucket"
iVillage Member
Sat, 06-15-2013 - 4:15pm

Oooh, I love the Melting Pot!! So jealous that you're going tonight. I need to see if we have that here!

Today's been hectic. Kids are taking the 6th and final load of boxes/stuff to the new house -- we've made a HUGE dent!! ALL of our clothes, all the kitchen (and it's already unpacked!!), almost all the breakables (kill me -- we have all the breakables, LOL) and practically all of the older kids' things. I do love the Commander -- it holds so much!

Tomorrow morning we'll make 2 more trips before the movers arrive at 8am: the rest of the breakables (including several glass table/desk tops), and then all of the computers,flat-screen tvs, any misc electronics & peripherals, which may actually take up my Commander and hubby's Wrangler. Everything else will be up to the movers.

I'm amazed that we're almost ready! Yesterday we had so much to do, but we've really hit it hard today. Smile

I think baby girl is in a growth spurt -- she's been power-napping the last couple days -- she's been asleep now for 3 hours!! I think that's a personal best since her newborn days. Of course she's doing this now when we need to be able to be noisy! LOL. Always a stinker, that one. Wink

Oh, and we got report cards -- Will has a 4.3 GPA, always the over-achiever, and I think Jacob passed 7th grade. LOL. One extreme and the other, right? And, Libby's new boss (new management just about 2 weeks ago) LOVES her. Says he gets more compliments about her customer service than everyone else combined (I'll take credit for that -- I'm all about please/thank you/have a nice day).

So, just overall good stuff. Finally! It's been challenging getting here!!

Have a great weekend, ladies!

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
Community Leader
Fri, 06-14-2013 - 6:34pm

I figured as much; I know this time of year is crazy for you!

You are taking Dylan to a tooter? Hahaha, that is funny. I am sure he will learn more than how to toot, heehee.

That sounds like a great Dad's day plan. Have a wonderful time!!!!

Photobucket"
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-14-2013 - 5:35pm

Sorry I've been MIA.....it's that time of year again....working outside moving computer equipment around!

Dylan started with his tutor this week and everything went well.  When we told him about it, he laughed, because there is the word "toot" in tutor....only a boy!!!!  Both boys were down with the Hand, foot, mouth virus.....fever that comes on rather quickly....lasts for about 2 days...then when it breaks they either get a rash or cankor sores in their throat.....my boys had the sores!  Both are better now.  Riley even mowed grandma's lawn for her today. 

Not doing the best with my new workout routine.....missing some days here and there...oh well, I'll fully committ to it one of these days!!

Not much going on this weekend....Taking my Dad and DH along with the rest of the family out for Father's day Saturday night....going to a local super club....yummy food!!!  Can't wait.

Hope everyones DH has a great Father's Day and a wonderful weekend.  :):)

Spring Siggy