Finally Friday

Community Leader
Finally Friday
Fri, 08-02-2013 - 6:18pm

Dave says we're going back to the neighborhood pool this weekend since we haven't been in a while. He is such a boss man, LOL.

I was supposed to go to a birthday party tonight at the Chicken and Waffle restaurant, but I canceled since I'm finally eating healthy. I read JJ Virgin's diet book and she recommends a detox period of 3 weeks where you cut out all the processed crap, no gluten, no sugar, no dairy, no eggs, no corn, no peanuts, not even soy if you can believe it. I figure I can do anything for 3 weeks and it'll be interesting to see if the weight falls off like she promises. How could it not? There isn't much left that I'm allowed to eat, hahahaha.This is day 4 of no Diet Coke for me so I am feeling pretty proud of myself since I haven't done that since there was a baby on board.

What are you doing this weekend?

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-03-2013 - 10:56am

Wow...what do you get to eat...that sounds like all the major food groups?  Good luck.  I know I need to get busy again and change my diet and get back into the kettlebells, starting Monday!!

Dave sounds just like my Dylan!!!  Too funny!

Spring Siggy
Community Leader
Sun, 08-04-2013 - 12:28am

The boys do remind me of each other, the cuties!

J.J. Virgin recommends HER smoothies, a lot of veggies, certain fruits, fish, free-range chicken, grass-fed beef, just think organic x10. Matt said no way could I give up soda, but so far so good. DH isn't on board yet because his middle name is 'bread,' but I volunteered to be the guinea pig to see if it works. The author makes the crazy claim on the cover of "lose 7 pounds in 7 days." Well, I did lose 4 pounds in first 4 days so maybe she isn't crazy. It has made me avoid the drive-thru so we'll see what happens....

Most people probably wouldn't want to give up everything at once, but I've been struggling (as you know) ever since I had Dave, kept that baby fat, was diagnosed with Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and never got my groove back. JJ Virgin claims that hypothyroid folks should never have gluten to begin with which is interesting since it falls under the autoimmune disease umbrella.

You are supposed to give everything up for 3 weeks, and then try one thing at a time to see if you are intolerant (but not really sugar, peanuts, or corn - she avoids these permanently). I wish there was a Big Mac trial, but she is no fun, lol.

At least she doesn't have me doing kettlebells like you, wild thing!

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com