Finally Friday

Community Leader
Finally Friday
Fri, 08-09-2013 - 3:45pm

DH is going deep-sea fishing all weekend. While the cat is away, the kids and I will play, lol!

What are you doing this weekend?

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-09-2013 - 5:05pm

You know, that sounds fun. The getting away on a boat, anyway. Fishing for me would be optional! Hope you and the kids have a fun weekend!

It's been a crazy week here, and as is per usual (lately), I'll be working at least tomorrow, maybe Sunday depending on how much I get accomplished.

We heard rumors last week that there were more layoffs in store. Well, Monday it was confirmed by the partners in our weekly meeting, and also that they'd be looking at volunteers for part-time work. Well, then I talked to K, my managing partner (I was actually the first of us 3 that she called -- she didn't even call my 2 counterparts until Tuesday) and she said my department was ok. Then she said she thought we were ok. So, flash forward a couple days and we hear some other rumblings, and that made me scared. So, I called K after hours, and she called me the next morning, Thursday, and actually promised me that we were ok. But others in the company still are not. So.

Been stressful week like whoa. But, we're busy on our end. So that's something. <sigh>

Hope everyone has a good weekend! With no stress! :)

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
Community Leader
Sun, 08-11-2013 - 9:56pm

Whoa, another bullet dodged! I am so glad for you guys. Guess that makes the working on the weekend a little easier to swallow, huh?

Hubs was really huffy about having to justify his position (again) for the latest boss, but it's just a sign of the times. I don't know why he thinks he should be exempt. He scares me sometimes, but it looks like things are settling down now which is good.

They had fun fishing and he even brought some mahi mahi home - yummy.

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com