Finally Friday

Community Leader
Finally Friday
Fri, 08-30-2013 - 12:23am

A long weekend! Matthew took time off work and is going to visit his buddies who are in college 2 hours away from here at East Carolina University. He may decide to transfer there when he is done with the 2-year Wake Technical College he is attending now which is good. The boys are going to the football game and hopefully will behave themselves and have fun (and behave themselves)...

Hubs needs to try to install the new microwave before I pay someone to do it. We already have the same kind (Kenmore, over the range) so I don't think it'll be that hard, but who knows? Sears wanted $160 which is highway robbery. I may end up wishing I'd paid it, LOL. It's been 2 months and all I know is we are ready to have our microwave back.

What are you doing this weekend?

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-30-2013 - 10:53am

Dylan has FB practice Saturday morning, then in the evening we are going over to a friends house for snacks and a fire pit!  Not much else planned for the long weekend.  Riley is excited to get a new bike tomorrow.  I made a deal with him that if he read 8 books over the summer we'd get him a new bike and since his old one has a major leak in the tire, he's been in need of one!!  Dylan's deal was to not whine when he had to do homework, but he had a hard time with that...there was a lot ot whining going on all summer!  Urgh!!!  Now we have to decide if he gets one too or not.  I'm sure there will be tears if we say no!

Then Tuesday they boys start school!!!!  Yay!  Riley said this morning he wants to see if he can go the whole year without missing a day!!!  Nice goal I told him!!

Hope Matt has fun and behaves himself!!!!  Good luck with the microwave install...!!  I'll keep my fingers crossed!!

TGIF!!!!

Spring Siggy
Community Leader
Sat, 08-31-2013 - 1:48am

That is a nice goal. Dave had never missed a day of school EVER and then we took him out for a whole week to go on vacation. We kind of had to do it since we have them on different tracks, but it was hard for me to see his perfect record tarnished.

I read that as Dylan has Facebook practice Saturday morning before my brain corrected it to football - d'oh. Heehee, he's kind of young for Facebook practice anyway! Tongue Out

So we got the old microwave out FINALLY, and then DH got stuck with the template for the new one. Gave my handy neighbor $30 to come over with his drill and rescue us. Money well spent. The new microwave is installed and operational! I'm so relieved.

I know Riley is going to love the new bike, what fun!!

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com