Finally Friday

Community Leader
Finally Friday
Thu, 09-12-2013 - 9:23pm

This weekend Danny and Katie are celebrating their 1-year dating anniversary. That went fast! Katie and I were at the library tonight (for me, of course) when she got a text and said "Guess who is at the house?" Danny had decided to surprise her, lol. He comes over most days so we should have known, but he usually warns her! He spent the extra time cutting hearts out of construction paper and making a path from the door to Kate's room which was cute.

This weekend DH is going to fix the darn leaky toilet downstairs if it's the last thing he does. I can't take it anymore. It'll probably take him an hour and he's been putting it off for nearly a year!

What are you doing this weekend?

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-13-2013 - 12:13pm

That's really cute!!!  Do you have a policy that bedroom doors MUST stay open when boys are in there....LOL?

Good luck getting that toilet fixed.....Sometimes you just want to smack those DH's!!!!!

Football tomorrow morning, then some major cleaning needs to get done at our house!!  We have our family room half tore apart....we are thinking of doing some painting, get new carpeting...new furniture and TV...a major overhaul, but really haven't decided on what to do.  So we better decide one way or the other....I'm tired of stuff laying around!  Lawn needs mowing, but that's DH's department!!  The usual groceries and laundry too.  Sunday is a home Packers game....Hope we can kick some butt...didn't look very pretty last week!

Hope you have a great weekend...TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!  Tongue Out

Spring Siggy
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-14-2013 - 8:08pm

Aww, that Danny is too sweet. 1 year is a long time for teenagers (and some adults!). That's nice. :)

Weekend is kind of leisurely, just need to wrap up some laundry and clean the living room floor -- it constantly has Zo's dried up milk on it. So gross, but if I get it mopped once a week, we're doing good.

You know, I can fix a leaky toilet. I have many times, but ours is running constantly in the kids' bath and I'm having the landlord take care of it (water was BARELY on at that toilet, so I think someone at some point knew about it before we moved in). With all the problems we've had with air (two full months of bills have been $775 total for electric, kill me), I'm just not going to do anything I don't have to, and I don't have to do this. I really hate this house. I don't like the landlord, either.

Oh, hiccup in the weekend is that both of my girls have a summer cold -- and you know, it doesn't matter your age, the babe has been miserable (and very pitiful yesterday afternoon, poor thing couldn't breathe and couldn't sleep or eat and it was awful) and Libby is being a big baby, too. Jake gave it to Zo, Zo gave it to Lib, and someone is going to give it to me. Dagnabit!!! But, for the past two weeks Lib and I have been eating crazy well, exercising, drinking our water and taking our vites, so maybe I've been doing it extraordinarily well and won't get sick. I keep hoping. I should be taking Zicam myself, just in case!

Have missed you girls. It's just been nuts at work. And Zo still isn't sleeping through the night, so you know. I'm a zombie all the time. LOL.

Have a great rest of the weekend!!

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
Community Leader
Sun, 09-15-2013 - 1:50am

Oooh, a major overhaul sounds very exciting! Our whole house needs it but we're too poor, LOL.

You must think I'm crazy permissive, but I don't make them leave the door open. Katie is trustworthy which helps, but also she needs to learn how to keep her DH (Darling Hormones) under control so she is comfortable when they are out in the wide world alone. She will be 18 next month and is the last virgin in her group of friends (!). I'm happy she's waiting until she is ready, but I've had her on the pill for years because teens who want to have sex will figure out a way. Telling them they "aren't allowed" seems to move it straight to the top of the to-do list; I know it worked that way for me. Embarassed

DH said he would fix the toilet on Saturday, but that was a bust. Here's to hoping he gets it done on Sunday before football gets started because he doesn't move after that!

Photobucket"
Community Leader
Sun, 09-15-2013 - 2:05am

We've missed you too, Brie! It's always awesome to hear from you!!!

You poor thing. Claire was the longest holdout for me on the sleep thing. She didn't sleep through the night until about 16.5 months; I was just beat. Then God sent me Dave who started sleeping through the night at a week old, bless him. The pediatrician teased me and laughingly said "You probably just didn't hear him." I always keep the crib in my room until they're old enough for real food and I know they have the breathing thing down pat so I would have heard him; the little turkey was just really good at catching his Z's which was fine by me!

You should have the landlord take care of that. It's the beauty of renting. I miss that when the appliances break. We were in an apartment for years before we had the down payment for this place. When the dishwasher broke back then, I made a phone call and a lovely new one was wheeled in the same day - no charge. Sigh.

Normally I would say kiss the girls, but don't - just don't. I hope they feel better soon and you don't catch it!

Photobucket"
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-01-2013 - 3:22am
Good luck getting that toilet fixed.....Sometimes you just want to smack those DH's!!!!!

Hi This is my signature