Finally Friday

Community Leader
Finally Friday
Thu, 10-24-2013 - 9:32pm

Huh, I triggered the profanity filter but I didn't curse. WTH? Sealed Hey, I found it, rhymed with shoe shoe but started with a D and ended in list, oh for Pete's sake!

Today is the Boosterthon (a school fundraiser) fun run so Dave and Claire get special t-shirts, and time out of class to jog on a special track. Dave's class alone raised well over $700 early so they had crazy hair day on Thursday and Dave's hair was blue - he loved it even though I didn't do a very good job with the hair gel, LOL. I'd already buzzed it so there wasn't too much hair to work with.

DH's uncle passed away today, one I've never met in 25 yrs but I am still sad to hear it. Not sure if he's going to the funeral yet, although DH is planning to be gone all weekend with family already....

His original plan (that he is sticking with now) is visiting his parents' mountain house again to make repairs, his sis and her handy hubby are meeting him there just like last time. I'm glad he is helping his dad so I'm not saying a word about the hundred things DH hasn't done around here - I will roll my eyes now and leave it at that.

Gawd, if he gets a speeding ticket this time (or heaven forbid a car wreck), I will put my foot down and his volunteer days are over. We can't afford it. He took a defensive driving course last month so maybe he will implement the tips. The ticket ended up being raised to $263, plus the course was $70, and he had to drive back and forth to where he got the ticket for the class one day and the court date another so it cost almost $400 with gas. I'm hoping insurance doesn't go up since he thinks he got it downgraded to a nonmoving violation(?). Sounds pretty sketchy for over 70 mph, but they got their money so they'd better come through.

At any rate hubs is supposed to be gone for 3 days, and I have the pumpkins. Katie agreed to babysit on Friday so I could keep my standing Bunco date for a few hours - YES! It is 3 houses away so I will be close if there is trouble.

I made my mom's plane reservations for her visit in mid-December so I am off her bad list. I hate all of that comparison shopping but I am a LOT better at it than her so of course I do it.

I hope you have a super fun, healthy, work-free weekend!!!!

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-28-2013 - 5:38pm

Wow....you had lots going on this weekend.....did DH make it up to the parents and back without getting a ticket?  Sorry to hear about your DH's uncle.  Losing family is always sad!

Yay for Katie babysitting for you!  Hope you enjoyed Bunco!

Our Sunday was filled with outside work...getting things put away for winter...always sad to see the patio furniture get put away!  That can only mean one thing.....that white stuff is coming!  Then we got to watch the Packers pounce on the Vikings!!!!  Victory Monday is wonderful!

Spring Siggy
Community Leader
Mon, 10-28-2013 - 10:45pm

Victory Monday, all right!

Yep, DH made it without another ticket - phew. It was the first thing he said when he walked in the door and saw me waiting for him, LOL.

Bunco was glorious and the kids were good.

Boo for the white stuff, maybe there won't be any this year (ha ha ha).

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com