Finally Friday

Community Leader
Finally Friday
Thu, 11-14-2013 - 9:32pm

I bought too much wine and beer for Bunco tonight, but I'm hosting so that's my job. The housekeeper is coming over for a few hours in the morning to make sure the place looks okay, and I've already been cleaning too -- not that anyone can tell. We just have too many toys. And books, but they don't count, lol.

I'm hoping Claire and I can go to church this weekend without Dave because he is still too wiggly (and my big 3 including DH don't seem to care about going since they discontinued the donuts afterward - heathens).

We were supposed to have book club on Saturday but our host (housekeeper's daughter/librarian/neighbor up the street) moved it to December since she probably suspected I bought way too much wine and beer for Bunco tonight, ha ha! That's cool. More fun for us later since we originally weren't going to meet in December.

Meanwhile I have a gigantic pimple on my chin that makes me want to cancel Bunco, book club, Thanksgiving, and Christmas (and hide in a hole) but I won't since I've been dealing with this nonsense for 33 years - deep sigh - and most of the moms already saw it at the bus stop. Darn you, hormones! Mine are acting whacky. I cramped horribly for an entire week but didn't actually have the visit from Aunt Flo - did a "just in case" PG test even though I knew it would be negative and it was. Guess I'm flirting with menopause and wish it would hurry up.

Katie went to orientation at her new hostess job today and earned the keys back. I'm going to need whatever alcohol is left over from bunco to soothe my frazzled nerves for a while. Matt said he nearly ran over Oreo (my beautiful super fat cat) today because Oreo didn't get out of the way (!). No wonder I'm breaking out.

What are you doing this weekend?

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com
iVillage Member
Fri, 11-15-2013 - 3:45pm

Wow...You have fun at Bunco tonight!!!!  You don't have to drive anywhere so live it up!

I hate hormones.....did I tell you that from May-Sept I had no Aunt Flo....just never showed up...then one day in September....there she is!  I'm like REALLY!!!!  Now she's been pretty regular, I was so hoping that I had made it through menopause....guess not!  Why do us women get stuck with all this crap?

DH has a cold and is a cranky pants.....don't even want to see him this evening!  We took a little bit of an extended lunch and met up with a girl that use to work in our dept.  He saw me returning and texted....Must be nice to take a 1 hr 50 minute lunch....I texted back...Yes it was!!!!  It's not like I do this every week....hardly ever do I take a lunch longer than I'm suppose to...Jerk!

No plans for this weekend...still need to finish painting our bathroom...didn't get that done yet.  We are suppose to have highs in the 50's close to 60, but with some rain..that's okay...I'll take the warmer temps any day!!

Have a great time tonight!!!  Drink up!

TGIF!!!!

Spring Siggy
Community Leader
Sun, 11-17-2013 - 10:43pm

Hmmm, you failed to mention your several-month reprieve from the monthly torture. I'm jealous of course. I am having these sweaty hot flash - kick off all the covers, then (obviously since I don't have a blanket) chill things which wake me up again to get warm that interrupt my sleep all night long. You already know I will be a MAN in the next life even though Girls Rule... I did skip the Aunt Flo part last month but I cramped the whole time so I don't really think that counts.

Bunco was super fun, should be more often. One of the gals is a SAHM, her hubs just started working from home 3 weeks ago and hasn't changed out of his track pants since so all night she referred to him as "track pants" - you reminded me of it when you called your DH cranky pants!

It is warm here now too, wish it would stay that way!

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com