Finally Friday

Community Leader
Finally Friday
Thu, 01-02-2014 - 10:26pm

To answer Mary's question, my first week of work was rocky. They misplaced my mailed I-9 form which proves that I'm legal to work here in the US (necessary since I work from home and they've never met me in person). So I had to go BACK to the notary and then fax it. That SNAFU pushed back my start date by a few days. So now I'm training, but I still can't access my payroll documents online like the direct deposit forms and W-4. UGH. I'll get it worked out, but I feel for the folks who aren't tech savvy because they would be totally SOL. Thanks for asking!

So this weekend I will catch up on the training I couldn't do earlier this week...

What are you going to do this weekend?

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-03-2014 - 1:22pm

Well how dare they misplace your form...!  Best of luck with the training and the new job!! Can you work whatever hours you want just so you get the 20 hours in within the week?

Saturday starts basketball games....Dylan's is bright and early at 8:00....oh joy!  Riley's isn't until 11:00.  Then the usual clean, groceries, laundry...etc.  I hope to get all my running done on Saturday as the arctic cold is set to arrive by Sunday - Tuesday....Totally stinks!

The Packers have a home playoff game Sunday at 3:30pm against the San Francisco 49ers.....it's going to be soooo cold!!!  And we finally sold out the stadium.  I'm sorry, I'm a fair weather fan and will watch it from my nice warm living room!!!!!

Go Packers!!

Spring Siggy
Community Leader
Sat, 01-04-2014 - 6:14pm

Finally I can post. I tried a bunch of times yesterday and it kept saying I wasn't authorized. Man, please!

You are smart to avoid that cold football stadium. They don't have enough beer in the whole place to get me out there, LOL.

We used to have flex time and could work the 20 hours whenever back when I first started, but now they are super strict. 6 pm to 10 pm, Sunday through Thursday. I don't like being locked in (soccer practice, urgent care, library, yada yada), but I have my days free so it's still a good gig.

Stay warm!!!!

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com