Finally Friday

Community Leader
Finally Friday
Thu, 02-13-2014 - 10:41pm

School is canceled for the 3rd day this week because of our snow. This makes SEVEN days of school my littles have to make up - YIKES already.

We have serious ice, but kept power. My SIL and her hubby in Georgia not only lost power (and it's still out, 27 degrees tonight, and they are completely unprepared with electric everything), but one tree fell on a corner of the house and another landed right on her car. They are stressed out, needless to say. So many trees fell in the yard due to the weight of the ice that she says it'll take months to clean it all up. Money is no object for them so I know emergency preparedness will be a big priority in the future so they don't suffer next time!

I was supposed to take Claire to the eye doctor tomorrow but they called tonight and said they are closing the office because of the bad roads. Now I'm wondering if we'll be able to keep our book club dinner date on Saturday? Hope so! Wink

What are you doing this weekend?

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com
iVillage Member
Fri, 02-14-2014 - 2:34pm

Wow....we have 3 days to make up and those were all called off for the severe cold....not snow.  I do feel bad for all you guys as you don't have the equipment to deal with this stuff like we do.  I mean the plows and salt trucks...etc.  You all are in my prayers.  Hope everything works out for your SIL and hubby!!  A generator is on the list I bet!!  I hope things warm up and melt fast for you guys!!!!  Book club is important.

We have our last basketball games of the season....then it's massive cleaning as my MIL is coming to our house to stay with the boys while we are gone.....have to have a clean house!!!!  Try to fit in a pedi on Sunday, gotta have cute toe nails!!!!  Wink  We are suppose to finally start to warm up above freezing....YAY!!!  Maybe I can get our car washed too.  It's red but it looks white with all the salt on it....Yuck!!!!

TGIF!!!!!!!!!

Spring Siggy
Community Leader
Sun, 02-16-2014 - 10:46pm

Oh man, our cars are dirty too from that salty road treatment!

We did get to go out for book club/dinner - so fun.

SIL has her power back. She is a happy woman!

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com