Finally Friday

Community Leader
Finally Friday
Fri, 05-30-2014 - 12:39am

Gosh, I have so much to do these days it's like I don't know where to start. I'm still trying to finish the thank you notes from Dave's bday party 6 weeks ago, but I keep getting interrupted!

Kate has her first UTI (on top of everything else) so we're going to go to the doctor today, but first my buddy and I are cleaning the house for 3 hours. I just love how nice it looks and smells for the 5 minutes afterward before my family occupies it again, lol. We're also making the long trek to meet the new therapist, plus Kate and I have to stop by the high school to pick up her graduation tickets. She graduated 6 months ago, but she will finally get to "walk" next week with the rest of her graduating class. Exciting stuff. At least it will be if I can get Katie excited. It took me a month and me physically driving her to the school that time to get Katie to pick up the cap and gown I paid for back in December in anticipation of the June ceremony.... Man. Now I really need to get Kate's graduation announcements out BEFORE she graduates. YIKES!!

I'm pretty sure DH won't let me have a secretary for 3 hours twice a month to go with the housekeeper?! (But I could really really really use the help - not even playing.) Embarassed

Today is Dave's last day of 2nd grade. Not just that, but he will be switching to track 4 so he gets SIX WEEKS OF VACATION FIRST. WOO HOO!!!!! Party at the pool, oh yeah. I have to work for 2 hours today in my spare time to make up for Memorial day when we ran out of dictations (the doctors were at their barbecue grills), but after that Dave has already lined me up to play Battleship and Connect 4 to celebrate the end of school. He is very cute.

We have 4 soccer games this weekend, 2 each day for each little.

What are you doing?

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-30-2014 - 4:17pm

OMG.....do you have a lot going!  I'm tired already!!

I was home with Dylan today who suddenly and with no other symptoms came down with Strep throat.  School called yesterday so I had to go get him, he complained of a headache, slight fever.  Gave him ibuprofen but it didn't really seem to help....he was so whiny and tossing and turning all night.  I had my neighbor come take a look at him and the first thing she did was look in his throat....didn't think of that one.  Sure enough she said you need to take him in....he's got strep....test was positive so he's on meds....feeling better already!!

Gorgeous day here.....so I'm really not that too upset I didn't go into work!!  A couple of football and baseball games this weekend if Dylan is feeling better otherwise he's resting the majority of the weekend.  That's about it from here!

TGIF!!!!

Spring Siggy
Community Leader
Sun, 06-01-2014 - 12:11am

Strep is so tricky!  Still, if your neighbor ever wants to move south, we have a nice house on the street available....  Laughing

Hope the rest of the weekend went smoothly?

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com