Manic Monday

Community Leader
Manic Monday
Mon, 11-26-2012 - 9:24am

This is our last Monday is November (shaking my head).

We have our artificial tree up, just need to tweak the decorating Claire and Dave did last night (only the bottom half of the tree has ornaments). Sealed

Dave has school this week and then will track out during December.  We're making graham cracker Gingerbread houses with the first graders on Thursday morning.  I sent in 4 big bags of candy so these houses will be fully loaded.  He is so excited!

How are you doing this week?

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-26-2012 - 1:42pm

Are you doing any shopping today in honor of Cyber Monday? I've had Amazon's lightening deals page up for the past few days since they put new stuff on sale every 1/2 hour or so!

Lisa 

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-26-2012 - 2:42pm

Only took me 3 times to try to log in....it's getting better...:)-

I'm shaking my head with you.....this year has flown by way to darn fast!!!

We have our tree up too.  We haven't decorated it yet...that will be this weekend's project.  I finally got myself back to the Y, so I can work off that extra weight I've put on since going off the BC pill.  Went on Friday and Sunday....so will go Tues. and Thurs. this week!  Trying to go every other day!  Also trying to stop my snacking on crap food!!!!  Hope to see some results eventually!

I have a dentist appt. tomorrow and have to pick up my new glasses today.  Other than that the boys are back in school and have 4 full 5 day weeks before xmas break.

Have a great week and I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for Brie tomorrow! 

Spring Siggy
Community Leader
Mon, 11-26-2012 - 7:09pm

Lisa, It wasn't a lightning deal, but I did just order Dave a Sylanders Giants Starter kit for the XBox 360 from Amazon.  I kind of hate to do it because I'll end up buying a dozen plus more characters down the road (sigh), but let the adventures begin and Merry Christmas to all! Cool

Photobucket"
Community Leader
Mon, 11-26-2012 - 7:14pm

Mary, I'm sorry you are still having trouble logging in... The horror!!

I'm with you on sending prayers and positive thoughts to Brie.  Girl Powers Activated!!!

Are your new glasses bifocals?  I know you didn't like those in the past, but I LOVE mine because they are awesome and seeing is a big plus, LOL.

Good luck at the dentist.  Way to go on all the exercise!!!

Photobucket"
iVillage Member
In reply to: brie_k
Mon, 11-26-2012 - 8:13pm

Thanks, ladies, for the good thoughts. I was starting to almost calm down a bit, but then my nurse called me today to give me a run-down on what's what and told me that I cannot pick up Fat Baby for at least 24 hours. That's a bit worrisome -- I mean, how bad is this going to hurt afterwards that I cannot pick up the baby (granted, they've not seen her yet, so it may have been one of those things once they saw her since she and Libby will be accompanying me tomorrow, LOL)? I've got a lot of support at work though, no one is expecting me in tomorrow at all and my two co-workers are willing to handle anything that I've got going on should I need extra time off. Totally won't happen, but so nice that whatever time I need, I've got, no questions asked.Truly, I've got a great gig and don't I know it! Smile

Hubs has no-line bifocals and loves them -- hates that he needs them and wants his old frames back, but likes the bifocal thing. Have you tried those, Mary? Good grief, they were super expensive, but could be his special order frames (let me tell you, I'm not happy that he doesn't love his frames anymore, LOL -- I think we spent over $500 out-of-pocket for them, so I'm like too bad, so sad, buddy).

I'm loving that all of us have our trees put up already. Every single year I go through this thing with hubs who thinks it's too early -- but that's how we always did it when I was growing up -- put it up after T'giving and take it down before the New Year. So, I've carried that tradition. But truthfully, I'll be sick of the tree 10 minutes after the kids open their presents. It always comes down on the 26th. Since it's taking up valuable property (where I put Zo's things), we may take it down the 25th!!

Oh, and here's something great. Just found out we've got off the 24th & 25th, but also the 31st and 1st of January. There was some speculation about having off the 31st because we don't usually get that day off (close at 2pm ET usually), but this year we do! So, that's very nice. Of course we'll pay dearly for it with the short weeks and all, but worth it to be OOO for 2 consecutive 4-day weekends. BOOM!

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
Community Leader
Tue, 11-27-2012 - 12:22am

Sounds like my bifocals, no lines on them and nobody knows but my doc and those of us at IVillage LOL.  Mine weren't that pricey though - sheesh! Kiss

Let us know how it goes, Brie...

Photobucket"
Community Leader
Tue, 11-27-2012 - 12:22am

Sounds like my bifocals, no lines on them and nobody knows but my doc and those of us at IVillage LOL.  Mine weren't that pricey though - sheesh! Kiss

Let us know how it goes, Brie...

Photobucket"
Community Leader
Tue, 11-27-2012 - 12:42am

The site is still having problems.  I sent a private message to Lisa.  The responses were a red one saying it didn't go through and a green one saying it did, HA!  Talk about mixed messages.  Oh my.

Anyway, Brie - I will send Mary a Christmas card (such as it is - I took the pic of my munchkins myself) and I would like to send you one.  If you are feeling brave enough to view it, HA HA, send me your address:

My email is:  mhannah3@nc.rr.com.

I'll tell you what, if you are a lurker and you would to see how huge my kids are compared to these tiny ones in my siggy send your address and I will send you a Christmas card too.  How is that for Christmas spirit and IVillage cheer?  Just give me your name and say Work at Home Moms or I might think you are spamming me, LOL!

Photobucket"
iVillage Member
In reply to: brie_k
Tue, 11-27-2012 - 11:16am

The girls and I are back home. Zo did very well, and I guess got a lot of attn from the ladies at the Breast Center. She's a little ham. Smile

It wasn't that bad, really. The numbing left something to be desired, but I didn't faint, and I didn't cry. So that's something. It's just now starting to wear off and I think it's going to be a bit painful. That's gonna stink. She took 6 samples and put a tiny piece of titanium in me (shaped like a breast cancer ribbon, actually) but really, really tiny. Only shows up on a mammogram (which I got to have againt today to check to see that it's where it should be) and won't affect an MRI or an airport scanner. My doc should have the results by Monday. So, still need to keep crossing fingers, praying, dancing nekkid under the full moon -- whatever. Smile

Haven't decided if I'm working today. Libby just went out to get us lunch, and I'm soooo tired. So, may just take a sick day, which I never, ever do. We'll see how bad the pain gets once this really wears off.

Gonna go lay down and chill in front of the tv for a bit now. Smile Thanks for the happy thoughts, ladies!

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-27-2012 - 1:15pm

I did get my new glasses yesterday and I'm being very diligent in wearing them this time to make myself get use to them.  So far so good. (yes bifocals) They actually gave me glasses for when I'm on my computer, but the everyday ones seem better....kinda weird to be changing between the two....so we'll see how that goes!!!

Spring Siggy

Pages