Manic Monday

Community Leader
Manic Monday
Mon, 12-17-2012 - 2:52pm

One week until Christmas Eve - crazy!

There is lots of flu and crud going around here.  My family is healthy (knocking wood).  We appear to be the exception.

I'm having a hard time with Friday's shooting in Newtown, CT, but I guess we all are.  I believe that 99.9% of people are good, but I can't help but wonder how many more "ticking time bombs" are out there who aren't receiving the mental health treatment they need?!

What is happening with you this week?

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-18-2012 - 12:45pm

I cannot believe Christmas is next week....very crazy!!  Dylan has a bit of a cold, but the rest of us are doing pretty good!!  I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!

I too, am having a hard time with what happened Friday...makes you wonder, like you said, who is out there!!  We got a note home yesterday and an email today, telling us what type of procedures are in place for something like that at our schools ......just hate that we have to worry about that stuff....it just makes me sick!

Pretty normal week here....I'm going to have a hard time, having to work the whole week...Laughing...all 5 days!  They are predicting a snow storm to hit us sometime from Wednesday night to Thursday night...they boys are hoping for a snow day!!!  6-12 inches....we'll see if it happens or not...I'll keep you posted.

Spring Siggy
Community Leader
Tue, 12-18-2012 - 3:02pm

Oh my, it could hang around for a white Christmas (so much for that green grass)!

5 days of work in a row.  That hardly ever happens to you in December.  Poor baby.  Luckily you have those presents wrapped and cards out - way to go!

Katie just told me she wants a Honey Baked Ham for Christmas dinner.  Seems like it might be too late to order, but guess I could go to the store and see...  Hmm.  Nothing like waiting until the last minute, sheesh.  I hate that, LOL!

Have a super duper week and don't work too hard!!!!

Photobucket"
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-19-2012 - 6:39am

Hi, ladies! Rec'd your card yesterday, Margaret. Great job -- the kids look wonderful! We'll definitely being doing cards next year when things are a bit less hectic and maybe by then I'll have made it to a full night's sleep. LOL!

Crazy work-week, as is per usual when a holiday is looming. It's even more crazy with a revamping of our reports, which isn't going very smoothly (huge understatement). Lots of contradicting instructions, project team hating new colors/setup, etc. It's just a mess. I've spent entirely too many hours discussing things with various staff members. And, if I have to have one more concall about any of it, I'll cry a thousand tears. I'd much rather focus on work -- where I actually make a difference. Smile Have a lot to do with big client and having 4 extra days off for the holidays isn't helping matters. We dearly pay for any time off.

I need to wrap presents, pay a few bills, and hit the post office -- will hit the PO today at lunch probably. Other than that, just the usual week stuff.

Oh, and bummer -- doesn't look like we're getting a bonus this year. Frown Makes sense given all the financial worry I guess, but still disappointing (especially because I really did bring it this year, even though I had a baby -- partner is always saying that it's hard to believe I have a little one with the ungoshly hours I keep at work). Though a project gal did give me a $50 gift card to an online retailer -- that  was very nice and unexpected. Heaven knows I do bust my butt for her.

Cannot believe this year is almost over. It's truly flown by!

Hope everyone is having a good week!

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
Community Leader
Wed, 12-19-2012 - 6:15pm

That is a bummer.  Even though bonuses are (by definition) extra, once you get one... well darn it - you want that bonus every darn time!  There's always next year - God willing and the creek don't rise. 

Great to hear from you.  Glad you got the photo card.  Don't work too hard!!

Photobucket"