Manic Monday

Community Leader
Manic Monday
Sun, 12-23-2012 - 10:22pm

Merry Christmas Eve!

Claire is beyond excited.  She can barely contain herself, lol.  We baked our cookies for Santa.  This year we did an Andes peppermint crunch recipe with rolled oats which is sweet and surprisingly delicious - okay, not surprising at all!

Katie did an hour of wrapping on Saturday and I did an hour of wrapping on Sunday so it's obvious we overdid it, but 'tis the season I guess.

Any drama in your house this house this week or is everything peaceful (I hope)?

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com
iVillage Member
Mon, 12-24-2012 - 1:36pm

Merry Christmas Eve!

Did you guys have to run out and shop over the weekend? We did -- but not for presents (though Zo did get one more for me and I did let Jake get presents for his siblings). Zo needed a high chair and I guess I lost my head when we went to TRU on Saturday. MADHOUSE. And, only one high chair left, probably because it was up on a high shelf, LOL. Libby wanted to get her a glo-thing, I think it's a seahorse, so we got her that. Back when my kids were little, it was a glow-worm. Jake got her a shape sorter thing. I think that's just standard baby equipment, LOL.

Made a mistake and let hubby take the joint debit so he could get me a gift. He came home with gifts for everyone and spent way too much (we have a standard $100 per kid, though I always manage to get Libby much more than that -- but they don't all end up under the tree). He was repentant enough, so he still lives. And, he did get me 2 things.  LOL. So, we're overboard here as well!

Hubs and Libby are at the theater now doing a daddy-daughter date -- seeing The Hobbit. LOTR is totally their thing, so nice that they get to do this together, and two more movies. A nice break from his gaming for me (though I hear WIll playing his Halo in the other room, LOL).

Off until Wed, expect a crazy work-week. I put in a few hours today, but cannot muster the energy to do more. Oh well. Kids don't have school so I can work 11 hour days easy for the next two weeks (minus Mon-Tue next week since those are work holidays also). I broke my butt to get something finished on Friday so I wouldn't have to deal with it this weekend, and yesterday the PD sent me an email asking if I wanted her edits, even though she didn't need it yesterday. Who does that during a holiday weekend? A little bird told me that it's this same PD who volunteered to be the manager of my department (as we haven't one currently). Great. I like her as a person kind of (we're both moms, so we talk mom-things a lot -- but she REALLY talks down to us sometimes when it comes to work, like we're idiots, and usually because of something she did or didn't ask for), but as a PD she's a train-wreck, and as a manager I just don't know. Everytime she has edits to something, she sends to me and my other co-worker who does her stuff, because she cannot remember who worked on it. ??? I work for about 10 people any given week and I keep that stuff straight. If I am asked for input on her being our mgr, I will bring some things up. Or I'll chicken out. So very hard to say, LOL.

LOL -- happy Christmas Eve rant!!! Smile

At any rate, I hope you & yours and Mary & hers have a lovely Christmas. It's been so very great being here with you ladies -- you helped make my 2012 much more fun! Smile

Oh, and I'll send you a pic of Fat Baby in her holiday onesie if I cannot post it, sometime this week. Smile

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-26-2012 - 2:09pm

Hey all...still takes me like 3 tries to get in this to be able to reply!

Anywho...hope everyone had a great Christmas...ours was filled with some sickness.  Dylan started running a fever on Saturday.  Gave him ibuprofen...fever came down.  Fever comes back...did that Sunday too, so Monday morning I took him in.  He has an ear infection, plus he has had a bad cough and congestion for at least 2 weeks.  He still isn't himself. DH had to stay home with him today and he is still running a fever on and off.  He's starting his 3rd day on antibiotics...not sure what is causing the fever.  If he's like this tomorrow, I'm calling the Doc. again!!!  Poor little guy, he's just been laying on the couch, napping throughout the day.  SO NOT like him!!  He's suppose to go to a Birthday party tonight, but will have to skip it...that will bring tears for sure!

Hope Santa brought everyone what they wanted...Laughing

Spring Siggy
Community Leader
Wed, 12-26-2012 - 5:45pm

Brie:  Oh yes, always love to see pics!

I did have to take Katie out to get presents for her beau.  The lines were outrageous.  We stuck close to home and it took us 3.5 hours (would have normally been a 1 to 1.5 hour trip).  Just nuts.

DH always shops for me on Xmas Eve every year which I don't like but he is procrastinator through and through. 

Katie is at the movies now with her boyfriend.  Neither of them has their license yet so hubs dropped them off.  I'm going to miss it when we don't know EXACTLY where they are, lol.

Sounds like you will have issues if that one become your manager - yikes.

I hope you know you make our years better too.  I'm looking forward to a fun 2013 (even though I can hardly believe that is about to happen)!

Photobucket"
Community Leader
Wed, 12-26-2012 - 5:48pm

Mary, that is no fun - kiss that poor sick boy from me!

My mom flew to Colorado to spend Christmas with my brother, SIL, and their three kids.  She was as sick as a dog yesterday (flu-type symptoms despite having a flu shot).  At least she has another week to recover before flying again.

Keep us posted on how Dylan is doing...

Photobucket"