Manic Monday

Community Leader
Manic Monday
Sun, 01-20-2013 - 8:27pm

Happy MLK Jr Day!  Everyone is off today, but the rest of the week will be nuts.  Claire goes back to school after a very LONG trackout so that'll be an adjustment.  It'll be nice to have her on the bus with Dave again so they can look out for each other.

Grandma Pat flies up from Tampa on Wednesday.  She will be here for a full week which is a challenge since she will be bored.  She doesn't "do" kid stuff but wants to see them.  She stays a while to get the money's worth out of her plane ticket, but really she's ready to go by the end of day 2.  Hopefully we'll have fun anyway.

What are you doing this week?

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-21-2013 - 8:04am

I hope you guys have fun. Maybe she likes ping pong? :)

Busy work week as per usual. That's just the norm anymore.

We DID get our new vehicle on Saturday! Went with the 2006 Jeep Commander. Seats 7 and is all kinds of loaded, just like Catherine the Great was, but has a few more bells & whistles. We love her. Libby has driven her a few times and is really excited about her new car. LOL -- she will be driving it more than I get to. She named her Éowyn. We name all of the things around here.

Picked up a new laptop for Libby this weekend, too. Her Mac is on it's last leg, and being in college, she has to have a reliable machine. Now, just need to get one for Jake and we'll be all set. Then, no more big purchases for a bit. LOL.

Anyhoo. Here's Éowyn. Hope everyone has a great week!!

Attachment: 

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-21-2013 - 2:53pm

LOL...I had to laugh at Brie's suggestion of Ping Pong!!!!  Maybe she would like to play that with the grandkids!!

Our kids are off too...Not because of MLK Day...it just so happens that the end of the 2nd quarter was Friday..to day is a Records keeping day for the Teachers.  Report cards come home this Friday!  So my boys are at Grandma's.  We are having a cold spell this week....Temps won't get above 5 until Thursday.  With the wind chill we are in the negatives....Major YUCK!!!!

No appointments this week....just T/Th going to the Y...33 days to our vacation where I'll be forced to put on a swimming suit!!!  Scary!

Spring Siggy
Community Leader
Mon, 01-21-2013 - 9:04pm

Hahahaha!  Grandma Pat does NOT play Ping-Pong.  No way, no how.  Thanks for the visual though!

Congrats on the new wheels.  I am happy for you.  Your week should be a lot better than the last one since Libby can drive - YES!  Have a great one!!!!

Photobucket"
Community Leader
Mon, 01-21-2013 - 9:09pm

Brrrr, stay warm Mary.  I am sure you will rock the swimwear.  Besides, running around in a bathing suit will be SO MUCH BETTER than freezing your rump off any day.  Just keep counting down the days!!!

Photobucket"