Manic Monday

Community Leader
Manic Monday
Sun, 04-07-2013 - 7:44pm

Here we go again, another week! DH held up the couches so I could vacuum under them, whoa there were a lot of crumbs. My family drives me nuts, LOL.

Dave has a field trip on Tuesday. Claire has two soccer practices and a game. Matt is complaining a little about working part-time at the grocery store, but he is going so it's all good.

What is happening with you this week?

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-08-2013 - 6:37am

I think if you have kids and couches, you're gonna have crumbs. Same here, but with the ceramic tile there's a lot of dustbunnies too. I'm much better now that Zo is mobile about getting under them, even though she's not really on the floor by them just yet. She will be, so best to get back into the habit! We need to start thinking about babyproofing. The corral helps with that for now, but definitely have to address sooner rather than later.

We did NOT get yard work done completely. :( Definitely gotta trim this week. Libby did get the yard mowed -- but, she broke the Cub Cadet. She hit a yard border thing, those wood edgers? I don't know what you call it. Anyhoo, since the CC is 10 years old and we've never done anything to maintain it really (I'm bad about that), we just went to Lowe's and picked up a small mower. It's not as fancy, and has no pull at all (so, very manual, LOL), but, was inexpensive and is a nice little mower. Figure it will help Will build some muscles -- she said she's NOT mowing again. HA!

After the boys get home today we'll all probably go out and finish everything up. Have them pull weeds and rake up some leaves on the side of the house, I'll trim, Libby will watch the baby. That's the plan.

Usual work stuff, lots of things going off this week. Several concalls. Expect a busy but good week.

Gotta make room in the garage so I can bowflex starting today, and figure out when I'm going to start tanning. I'm excited. Even if I just tone up a smidge before the gala, it will be good, and a little color will make me feel better about my jiggly parts. LOL!

That's about it!

Have a good week, ladies!

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-08-2013 - 1:56pm

The kiddos are back to school today!  Dylan was kind of a cranky pants....didn't want to go!  I'm really not looking forward to telling him he's seeing a tutor this summer 2 days a week!  He's struggling with his reading and writing skills so he's going Mon and Wed. from 8-9 in the mornings, he's going to have a little bit of homework too.  That should be fun trying to get him to come inside to do that all summer!  Maybe we'll have to give him an incentive so he has something to motivate him!

Typical week here, no appointments on the calendar, I do need to get a massage scheduled....missed last month and feeling like I could use one!!

What a nice DH you have....we need to clean under the couches too....It's so gross when we have to do that....I swear each time I threaten the boys that they cannot eat anywhere except in the kitchen!!!  That lasts about 30 minutes!  Ha!

Have a great week!

Spring Siggy
Community Leader
Mon, 04-08-2013 - 5:02pm

You know where we found the dustbunnies? They were breeding under the fridge and trying to mess with the coils - so not cool (pun intended). The vacuum sucked them up too, hooray for spring cleaning!

That's one thing about having a roller/crawler/toddler. Either you get it off the floor or they will - EEK!!!

We are bad about maintaining things like the mower too. Luckily our yard is only a quarter of an acre so DH and Matt can handle it with a little push mower also. My father-in-law has several acres and has a small fleet of riding mowers. The kids beg for tractor rides as soon as we get out of the van, LOL.

It's so good that you are so motivated to shape up. I need to do it, but I just keep finding new books to read instead. I am SO BAD!

Photobucket"
Community Leader
Mon, 04-08-2013 - 5:06pm

Yep, you may want to find a little bribe to get Dylan in the mood to study. Dave is like that too. I cleaned off his bookcase the other day and told him we needed to read the books I kept. He said "I'm never going to read all those books. It would take me a hundred years!" He is funny and correct. At this rate, it'll take us about that long. LOL.

Photobucket"