Manic Monday

Community Leader
Manic Monday
Sun, 05-12-2013 - 10:52pm

How was your Mom's Day? I hope it was fantabulous because you totally deserve it!!

Mine was good. Sweet cards from all 4 of the kiddos and DH, breakfast in bed, plus dinner at the Japanese restaurant where they cook right at the table. It's going to be hard to go back to reality this week, lol.

Speaking of reality, what is happening with you this week?? The only "weird" thing for me is that the dog will be tested all day Thursday because of her canine Cushing's disease -- just to be sure Mandy is still on the right dose of pricey medicine (thought it was $50 each time but it was $64 this month, WTH?).

In my "next life" everyone on iVillage knows that I will definitely be a guy and probably not an animal lover, right? Sealed

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com
Community Leader
Wed, 05-15-2013 - 7:50pm

Wow - beautiful pics!! Sounds like a very successful weekend. Glad you (and Libby) got to drink it up, LOL.

Photobucket"
iVillage Member
Wed, 05-15-2013 - 7:54am

Hi ladies! Glad you both had a nice MD. I rec'd cards from the kids, flowers from Libby (daisies, my favorite) and roses from hubby. Libby also picked up some much needed smellies from Bath & Body Works, and we ordered pizza. Hubs and I were still wiped out from Saturday.

Speaking of -- Saturday was great. I did drink a bit too much (hubs decided it was my turn, God help us). I sat next to the boss, just like I did last year. First, M is just a honey, so of course I want to be sandwiched by him and my guy, LOL. Second, M invited hub's nemesis (this guy makes his life, and the life of his workers, awful), so part of it was just to indicate how awesome we are. Or, I dunno. Kind of petty, but whatever.

Anyhoo. I had way too much to drink, kept spilling my white wine (I think that was half me being a klutz), lost my purse under the table, was a bit loud with my singing at the table to the band, danced a lot, etc. It was fun, and hubby has no regrets. We may or may not be invited back next year. M said we'd always be on the list, but that was at the beginning of the evening and I don't think it's legally binding. Wink I will send a funny thank you card, though.

Libby's birthday was Monday, and our cake turned out amazing! We did a rainbow cake -- 3 cake mixes, 6 colors, and 4 tubs of frosting. We're still in a coma from that. Got her her first alcohol (sake and tequila) and we did a couple shots. She loved her Coach bag that I picked out for her. Yesterday I took her to Friday's and she ordered her first drink and dressed up in the nice dress I got her for no occassion. It was also Zo's first outing at a restaurant, and she did very well. Helped to go after naptime and before there are many people in the restaurant (2:30pm). Brought home steak for hubs, which he was very happy to get!

This week I'm on vacation, and we've not yet hit the garage or the Bowflex. I've been cleaning and getting things put away that have been cluttering the house. Put baby gates up yesterday in 3 places, so it's just a matter of time before one of us forget and someone crashes through one. But, up until now I've had couch cushions in the way, and those are just as treacherous. Jake tripped on those a couple weeks ago and hurt his knee. And, girlfriend is learning how to climb over stuff, so not very effective anymore. Today I'm putting outlet things and dealing with kitchen/bath cabinets. Maybe will get to the garage today, but if not today, tomorrow for sure.

And today I've got to run out and get a PowerBall ticket! Smile Someone's gotta win. Might as well be me!

So, that's it for us so far. Here are a couple pics -- us with Tonya and her husband (I hadn't had enough to drink to put on a hat, apparently, LOL) and Zo with as good a mohawk as we can do. Smile

Have a good week!

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
Community Leader
Mon, 05-13-2013 - 7:23pm

Sounds like a perfect Mom's Day - woohoo!! I'm glad!

Enjoy your week!!!

Photobucket"
iVillage Member
Mon, 05-13-2013 - 2:47pm

My Mother's Day was very nice.  I got some "School made" stuff from the boys!  So sweet.  A huge bear hug from Dylan the minute I walked down the stairs!  He's our lover!!  A gift card from DH and brunch out with the grandmothers too!

We have baseball practice tonight for Riley, tomorrow Dylan has practice and Riley has a make up game from Saturday....then the rest of the week we are low key!!!  No appointments or anything!

Good luck with the check up for Mandy!!  Hope all goes well.

Happy Monday!

Spring Siggy