Manic Monday

Community Leader
Manic Monday
Mon, 06-24-2013 - 2:07pm

DH had a fantastic time biking with his sister and her hubs, they went out to eat, visited a winery, did the town right.

Meanwhile I'm at home with the kids which is great, just where I want to be, but my chest kept hurting, not really chest - more like boob. I ignored it for a couple days, but finally stopped long enough to investigate and found an abscess or boil-looking thing below the nipple which definitely explained the pain. So I went to urgent care for an antibiotic where they also did an incision and drainage. Gross, but the red streaking went away so it needed to be done. Never had anything like this before and not sure why it happened NOW, but it figures, right? It is still painful, but I'm hoping the antibiotic will kick in because the red streaks are back - definitely infected. (They did a culture so if it's anything my antibiotic doesn't cover, they can call and change it right away which is smart; I don't want to lose one of the twins.)

Also while DH was away: The microwave died. Not as bad as if it had been the washing machine, but still a big pain in the rump since we re-heat stuff all the time (or at least we used to). Frown

Anyway, this is Claire's last week of 3rd grade so I'm really happy for her. Dave is loving trackout. The big kids are loving summer.

What's happening with you this week?

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-25-2013 - 1:53pm

OMgosh....I've never heard of such a thing!!  Hope it gets better soon!  You wouldn't need a mammogram would you?

Typical week here...work, toot-ering, baseball, that's all our summers are about!  Weather has been fairly nice...kinda hot and humid, but I'm not complaining....bring it on!!!

Yay for Claire!!  on to 4th grade...now when will she start?

Spring Siggy
Community Leader
Tue, 06-25-2013 - 5:24pm

Yep, I am due for the mammo, but will wait until this is all healed since I can't handle any smashing right now. I just hit my chest on the soft mattress topper while picking something up off the ground and almost cried (so you can imagine it's pretty tender). I don't know why this stuff always happens to me!

Claire will start 4th grade on July 29 so it'll be nice and hot, LOL. Glad your weather is seasonal again (seems like not too long ago you had that white stuff on the ground even though it was supposed to be spring!).

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com