Manic Monday

Community Leader
Manic Monday
Mon, 07-08-2013 - 3:42pm

Today is Dave's first day of 2nd grade - seems impossible. I have an IEP meeting for him early on Wednesday morning to review all of that testing he had at the end of 1st grade.

Went to the vet today to pick up a steroid for Mandy dog. She did well on the trip, but she is feeling her age.

Not much else happening this week except for the fact that Claire is tracked out now. She has dragged half of the toy room into the family room already, lol. It will be a long month trying to keep her occupied.

What are you doing this week?

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-08-2013 - 4:52pm

Yay for 2nd grade! Hope he's loving it after one day. :) Hope Claire enjoys her month off!

I'm on vacation this week -- day 5 of 11. I've gotten much done thus far, unpacking a lot of boxes in the garage. Today we unpacked 10 boxes of stuffed animals (some boxes were HUGE). I have all the books unpacked, and all the spare clothes (8 bags to Goodwill yesterday). I still have 60 boxes remaining!!! That's 10 boxes a day until I go back on Monday -- I don't know if I can do it. And, it's not easy boxes. This is stuff that we've collected over the past 20 years, and mish-mash no less. So, some toys, some papers (all of my undergrad & grad papers), and you know. Just crap I've saved for whatever reason.  I am on a mission to get it done though. Only things that can stay in the garage are the extra washer/dryer, the big freezer that's broken (need to have someone come out to either declare it dead or fix -- whichever), lawn tools/mowers, and possibly all the computer crap we're saving (we've not thrown anything away in the 20 years, so we've got old towers, motherboards, video cards, disc drives, cables, etc. -- we could build you several old computers, LOL -- good news is that's probably 10 boxes right there and I will make hubby go through them with me). If I can manage it, we WILL have room in the garage for his Jeep (and room to spare). I think I can do it, but 10 boxes per day and having to really look at things... that's not going to be fun!

But, I cleaned the patio floor today, so I can sit out there and do it, so that's something I guess. I'm really making progress.

A/C issue is fixed, not sure if I updated that or not. We're good. It gets warm if it's 100+ out there, but still not hitting the high temps.

Other than that, not much going on. Oh. We did have an accident on Saturday. I ran a stop sign. I mean, I REALLY ran it -- it was one of those were there was a stop sign (kind of a strip mall thing) at the road and then another stop sign at the median -- I was looking at the one at the median and by the time Libby SCREAMED at me (had both girls with me), it was too late. But, my brakes are great, and the Tundra that hit us had good brakes, so it was all cosmetic on both of us. Though, have to tell you -- I really thought we were going to be hurt. And you know me. I'm SO careful, esp. with the kids with me. It was just one of those stupid things, we were talking (about a jerk driver no less) and I just spaced it. But, everyone was ok. Didn't even call the cops. I'd have been ticketed for sure, right?

Zo turns a year old in just a few weeks -- we have no idea what we're getting her. Maybe a used indoor play thing (slide, clubhouse type of thing?) from Once Upon a Child? I don't know. She's SO CLOSE to walking, too. Has 7 teeth that we know of. Not sleeping through the night still. She never will -- I'm just going to decide that now so I'm not disappointed. Hates the crib more than ever, so is always with us. But, is eating more solid-type foods (lots of pastas now in her baby food, loves her finger foods, too). Growing so fast, still so cute. Gotta get more pics. Been really lazy about that lately with all the hubbub of moving and all that.

So. That's us.The usual. Always something to do/worry about!

Have a great week, ladies! Smile

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
Community Leader
Mon, 07-08-2013 - 7:23pm

OMG, I'm glad nobody was hurt in that accident! It's so easy to do, that's why I have dragged my feet before letting Katie get her license since she doesn't like to wear her glasses... Hoping the extra time to mature pays off.

Only 60 boxes left - NOT BAD! I think I have about 20 left and we moved here a decade ago. No kidding. It's mostly pictures that I need to scan, old keepsakes from M&K, and who knows what else. My grandmother had boxes in her basement that had been there for 40+ years since she had moved in, still wrapped in newspaper with the dates to prove it, LOL. You are doing great.

I'll bet the birthday girl would enjoy a slide or playhouse. Claire was so funny with her slide; I don't know how she can possibly be starting 4th grade so soon other than the fact that time flies!

Enjoy the rest of your vacation week!!!

Photobucket"
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-11-2013 - 2:06pm

These weeks are running together!  Both boys have baseball tournaments this weekend.  Dylan's is out of town and Riley will have to hang with a buddie as I will take Dylan and DH has to work.  Poor Riley....I hope DH can sneak away to watch his game!!!!  Riley will be done after this!  Less than 3 weeks to the airshow.....I think it's 27 days and it's over!  Yay!! 

Had a Dr. appointment for a BP check today and have to visit my Ob/Gyn for the annual tomorrow....oh joy!   His son is on Riley's team, so it is kinda weird now that I've seen him outside of his office in a social setting!!!!  Oh Well, whatever!!!!

Have a great week ladies (now that it's Thursday)......and Yay for 2nd grade, Dave!!!

Spring Siggy
Community Leader
Thu, 07-11-2013 - 2:43pm

It's like the first time your child sees a police officer eating lunch somewhere or a teacher in the grocery store - "Hey, what are they doing here?!" The OB/GYN doc belongs in the office or at the hospital - that's it, LOL. I'm due for my Pap, but I've been dragging my feet on making the appointment. Seems like I just had the last one!

Counting down until the airshow is done.... Hang in there!!

Photobucket"