Manic Monday

Community Leader
Manic Monday
Sun, 08-04-2013 - 6:26pm

Happy Monday to you (I hope)! NC held our last tax-free shopping weekend for back-to-school supplies including tablets and computers so we bought one of each. I got a cheapo android tablet for the Littles (no tax), and Matt bought himself a Macbook Pro for his college work (no tax). Pretty good deal for big ticket items. 

Katie got her ears pierced for a second time, two holes at the bottom of each lobe. She didn't tell me until afterward so I was irritated since she let her friend's cousin do it at her house - sounds like a perfect recipe for infection to me. Luckily she is probably taking good care of it because she knows I'll kill her if she gets sick from this little stunt. Oh, these kids!

What are you doing this week?

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-08-2013 - 2:42pm

That's cool....wish Wisconsin did something like that!

Ouch!  Did this girl use a peircing gun or just a needle with a potatoe behind her ear...Yikes!!

Airshow over means this is clean up week.  Have almost everything picked up....need to do another load tomorrow morning and they come Monday to get everything!!!!  Yay...then Thursday we leave for our vacation....going to be a busy weekend....my house is a disaster, that needs cleaning, yard needs some work, car needs to be vacuumed out...etc!  Hope I can have all that energy to do it all....Wink

Spring Siggy
Community Leader
Fri, 08-09-2013 - 3:39pm

Hooray, you did it!

The girl has her own piercing gun which was good because the spacing looks right. If she'd used a random needle they picked up, I'd probably have Katie at the doc getting testing for hepatitis, hiv, and the whole spectrum. Ugh.

Just think about vacation and I think that long list of Cinderella work will get done on time... Wink

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com