Manic Monday

Community Leader
Manic Monday
Sun, 08-11-2013 - 10:31pm

Lots of activity this week. Monday morning I am getting the house (vinyl siding) pressure washed. It grows a greenish mold on the two sides you can see from the street - the back and other side are clean because they get more sun, go figure! It will look a lot better after they work their magic.

Matt is buying textbooks in the morning and was supposed to be getting his teeth cleaned in the afternoon, but he's going on a trip to the mountains with his buddies instead. Hmm, I guess that does sound like more fun, but I do hate to cancel the dentist at the last minute (you know me!). The boys were originally going to hike, but one of the dads got nervous about that and offered them the use of his mountain cabin. They will have a blast.

Katie is going to Virginia for 5 days with her boyfriend's family to visit his grandparents. They have an extra room for her to sleep in so I gave my blessing. They will have a blast too.

Meanwhile poor Claire and Dave have school all week, hardly seems fair.

What are you doing this week?

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-12-2013 - 4:45pm

Well, I'll be heading back to my office tomorrow....geesh, I'll have to wear normal working clothes instead of shorts and t-shirts!  Yuck!  Nice to get back to some normalcy!  Thursday we leave for a road trip out west to visit my brother in Colorado, then hitting Mt. Rushmore and the touristy spots in South Dakota on the way home!  Looking forward to it...it's been a long time since I've been to Colorado and the first time for the boys to see "Real" mountains!!  Should be fun!

Sounds like Matt and Katie are enjoying their summer!!  Nice to hear Matt is going back to school, what classes is he taking?

Poor Claire and Dave....That year-round school stinks sometimes!!

Have a great week!

Spring Siggy
Community Leader
Tue, 08-13-2013 - 11:42pm

OMG, please take a million pictures. My bro lives in Denver, but I've never been since it is so far away. I need to rob a bank (j/k authorities and IVillage!). Seriously, I don't even keep library books past the due date, so don't worry lurker buddies even though I could use the cash for airfare to see my 2 darling nieces and nephson. Kiss

Mt. Rushmore? More pics please! I may never make it!

The world's worst student has opted to take Chemistry, Sociology, Expository Writing, and Psycology for his first semester. I asked him to take one class or maybe two. My mom told him to take one class. Mark's dad told him to take one or two classes max. So what does he do? Four. I mean it's our money so why not? DH and I are not in total agreement on this. Matt said he would try harder if it was his money and I know he would. I like the idea of taking it and putting it toward the next semester, but my crazy DH says to hell with being able to take care of the other three kids... let's continue to spend all of our money on his favorite darling Matt (not really - maybe - who knows).

Katie is supposed to start at Wake Technical College in January so come on Power Ball. I don't want them doing anything besides college so we'll do whatever it takes so long as they are trying. I just don't want to pay all these bills while they goof off, KWIM? I would clean thousands of toilets, floors, butts, and chins if they study to ensure their future; that is not an issue. Hopefully it will work out and they will find a calling.

You are right about year round school. Dave has tears in his eyes when he does his homework, but then he is all smiles, LOL. He wants to be in eternal vacation mode!

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com