Manic Monday

Community Leader
Manic Monday
Sun, 03-09-2014 - 9:58pm

Looks like I goofed by leaving off the Friday post. Saturday was Danny's "celebration of life" thing at his house instead of a funeral where they gave Katie some of his ashes so I've been walking around in a daze. Still keep expecting his to walk in the front door at any moment...

So. This week. Katie is officially dropping out of school. I'm very sad but can't force her to go, at least that's what the grief counselor tells me. Sigh.

Dave is tracking out so he will be around to lighten things up around here. He has a dentist appointment. Claire gets to go on a field trip to hear the symphony so she'll enjoy that.

What's going on with you?

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-10-2014 - 12:14pm

I'm so sorry, hope there were some good memories to lift spirits.  Although this is such a tragic accident.

I'm sorry Katie is dropping out, keep faith that one day she will go back and be stronger for it!  Is she seeing a grief counselor?  I hope that helps too.

Riley has a dentist appt today too...that's funny, we are on the same schedules!  We have a teacher conference tonight for Dylan...I'm sure it's related to his reading....DH is concerned that he may have to repeat a grade....I don't think they like to do that these days with the stigma it gives to the kids...he may just need to be tested for a learning disability.  We'll see.  We are suppose to have a beautiful day....high close to 50.....that's a major heat wave for us!!!!  Break out the tank tops and short!!!  Cool

Happy Monday.....

Spring Siggy
Community Leader
Mon, 03-10-2014 - 11:38pm

Hahaha, tank tops at 50 degrees? You'll have to double up so no one sees the headlights, lol.

She has a counselor, don't know how often Kate will go - she's a teen so she already knows everything, KWIM?

Hope the conference went well!

Photobucket"
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-11-2014 - 2:19pm

"You'll have to double up so no one sees the headlights, lol"....you are so funny, you crack me up!!!!

I do hope Katie will go to her counselor....I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Conference went well....just need to keep plugging along with his reading and writing!!  We asked if he needed to be tested for a learning disability and they said NO....he's not doing THAT bad.  Also asked if he will have to repeat a grade and they said NO to that as well.  They did mention to re-visit getting his eyes tested again.....so I need to make that appointment.  It's always something, isn't it!!

Spring Siggy
Community Leader
Tue, 03-11-2014 - 9:55pm

No doubt.

Definitely sounds good overall. Way to go, Dylan (and Mom)!!

Photobucket"