Manic Monday

Community Leader
Manic Monday
Sun, 08-24-2014 - 1:45am

Monday we meet Katie's new psychiatrist and talk to her about meds for depression/anxiety. Dreading it but hoping it helps my girl. She needs it!!

We've got Claire's "new" room straight. Now I need to tackle the mess Matt left in the closet - EEK!

What are you doing this week?

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-26-2014 - 2:56pm

Well...I'm Back!!!  I shouldn't be MIA for a while now!

I hope Katies appt went well.  Did it?

This week is football practices and Open house for school...I found out who their teachers are and I'm happy with both.  Really need to push Dylan for some more testing as he is so far behind grade level with his reading and writing.  I worry about him as school is only going to get harder, especially if he is struggling to read!!!!  That's about it for this week.

Happy Monday....a day late...Wink

Spring Siggy
Community Leader
Wed, 08-27-2014 - 11:00pm

Aw, I truly feel for Dylan - especially since reading affects every single class (except PE of course). You know how much reading is included in science, social studies, specials and even math. When you don't know what is causing the issue, it is much harder to address. And testing will rule out many of the concerns lurking in your mind too which is just a nice bonus.

I tried to write yesterday but I've been having connectivity issues out the wazoo (sp?).

Photobucket"
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-28-2014 - 2:51pm

Thanks...that's funny that you mention PE....cuz if he could play sports all day he'd be fine!!  And he thinks he can...I've asked him what are you going to do when you get older if you can't read.....He says....Play sports!  And the little shit is really good at all sports!

Spring Siggy
Community Leader
Fri, 08-29-2014 - 12:14am

Naturally!

I'm proud of him whether he goes to work in a jersey, a suit or casual attire.

Just tell him that even his sports heroes have to be able to read those million dollar contracts!

Photobucket"