Thursday Thrills

Community Leader
Thursday Thrills
Wed, 12-26-2012 - 6:18pm

When Dave was in preschool we went on a field trip to the Animal Shelter in Raleigh.  Instead of putting each cat in a cage, they literally have rooms of cats running around and he loved it.  All of his classmates had gone home, and we were still there playing.  Well, now it's 2 years later and he says he "forgot."  So we're doing the field trip over again, but with just my 4 kids (they all love puppies and kittens).  The shelter has been closed to the public for a few days because of the holiday so I'm sure the animals will be ready for the extra attention. 

What's thrilling with you? Cool

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com
iVillage Member
Fri, 12-28-2012 - 1:25pm

That's really cool!!!!  Hope you have fun!

I'm thrilled that I'm leaving early today for a massage!!!!  Was at the Y last night for the first time in a week and it feels like I'm starting all over again...I'm so sore!!!!

Spring Siggy
iVillage Member
Fri, 12-28-2012 - 2:53pm

Aww, that sounds like fun! I couldn't walk out of a shelter without a pet if I took my kids. They're still begging for a cat and/or dog.

It's Friday, and I'm thrilled about that! Off early, and don't go back until Wed. AWESOME! Of course, I worked pretty hard these three days this week, and will do the same next week. But, worth it for the time off. And, I don't have to work on anything this weekend like I did last weekend. Even nicer. Smile Hubs will be off Sun-Wed, so that's thrilling as well. Though I do have a company-wide conference call Wednesday morning, so I'll have to get him to practically mute his gaming. We'll see how that goes. Wink

Oh, and we DID get a bonus, came Christmas Eve. Half of what we've rec'd in past years, but still very nice, and very surprising.

Here's a pic of Zo from Christmas morning. Finally can upload something! Smile

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
iVillage Member
Fri, 12-28-2012 - 3:28pm

OMG Brie...she is adorable...I just want to hug her....give her a big hug from me!!!!!

Enjoy your time off...I'm also off now until Wed!!!  Woot!

Spring Siggy
Community Leader
Fri, 12-28-2012 - 4:17pm

OMG, I want to smooch those cheeks!  She is so pretty.

I'll bet you were surprised to get the bonus - woo hoo and congrats!

I hope everyone enjoys the well-earned time off!!!

The shelter we went to on Thursday was the "wrong" one.  It is the Raleigh animal shelter, but it wasn't where we did the field trip and it was depressing seeing so many animals in small cages, waiting for homes.  UGH. 

So today we loaded back up and went to the SPCA and it was a whole different ball game.  The dogs have "bedrooms," and the cats have even bigger "bedrooms" because there are more in each one.  At the animal shelter they didn't want us to touch the animals.  At the SPCA they had about 100 bottles of sanitizer available (I'm not kidding), and told us to pet the animals as much as we wanted - just use the hand sanitizer before we went to another room.  A black kitten crawled in my purse like a stowaway, and Claire is still talking about him, LOL.  Dave said I can't believe I forgot about this place!  They said the animals need lots of love even while they are waiting to be placed so come back anytime.  We probably won't take so long to go back even though we have a zoo of our own.

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com