Thursday Thrills

Community Leader
Thursday Thrills
Wed, 01-30-2013 - 9:37pm

My fairy godmother invited mom and I to go on a short (3 day/2 night) Bahama Celebration cruise with her in March.  It is very inexpensive so the biggest cost for me will be the plane ticket to Florida.  I need to start watching prices.  I have never been on a cruise, but I've always wanted to go!!

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-31-2013 - 2:17pm

That is very exciting! I'm sure you'll be able to find a decent fare so far out. You shouldn't book more than a month out, though, and do it with a company with a lowest-fare guarantee. Orbitz is the one we have to use for hubby's company travel, and they have a guarantee.

Thrilling stuff here. Hubs is in Dallas today interviewing for a new position (same company, as per our usual). Much larger hotel, and 2 other big fish are applying, both with bigger hotel experience. But, always good to brush up on the interviewing skills, plus he got a trip out of it. He flew up and they picked him up in a limo, and put him up in the hotel for a night. So, that's kind of neat. He comes home this evening and I'd guess we'd know something in a week or so.

Zoë is full of thrilling things today. She's been trying for weeks to roll over from her back to belly, and finally accomplished it. Of course, we didn't witness it. Lib was making lunch and I was working, my back to her as usual. But, she did it! And, she's blowing raspberries, something she just started trying to do yesterday, but perfected it today and is a slobbery mess! Got some of that on video. Tomorrow is her half-birthday, and she has a checkup. Cannot wait to see how big she is. Libby picked her up a new dress for the occasion -- I don't like doing pants on shot days.

That's about it on our end! :)

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
Community Leader
Thu, 01-31-2013 - 3:39pm

Thanks for the advice.  I hate to fly, but it sounds like this will be worth it!

Hip hip hooray for Zoë, the rolling girl.  It's so fun to hear about the baby days again.  I miss them.  Don't forget to share the checkup stats if you get a free minute.

A limo - very nice.  That's the life.

Enjoy the rest of your week and the reunion with your hubs!

Photobucket"
iVillage Member
Fri, 02-01-2013 - 11:04am

That's awesome Margaret!!!!  You will have a blast.  One thing I recommend is to take dramamine with you and take one a day.  Even if you don't think you will get sea sick...it is still the strangest feeling.  I do it every time we cruise...which hasn't been in like 6 years now!!  I'm so excited for you....you should start a count down like me...Wink

Not so thrilling here is that Dylan is still sick...we went back to the doctor yesterday and basically we weren't feeding him enough for the virus to get pushed out.  The doctor said the more he eats the faster the virus will come out (so to speak).  So DH is home with him this morning and I set the timer for 1 hour....when it dings I told DH to feed him something...he needs to eat.  Then reset the time again.  We are also now giving him Tylenol to help with the stomach cramps...every 4 hours.  I'm going home at noon, so I'll take over the force feeding.  That's why he feels weak as well....food supplies energy!  He doesn't have any vomiting or fever so that part is good!  He also missed 4 days of school this week....8 days for the month of January...!  We told him if this keeps up he may have to do the 1st grade all over again.....He said "NO WAY"  I said, then eat!!!!!!!  Wish us luck!

Spring Siggy
iVillage Member
Fri, 02-01-2013 - 11:23am

Brie...that is some thrilling stuff!!!!  I would love to ride in a Limo!!  Hope it all works out the way you want it to!  I also love to hear about baby Zoe.....love those baby days too!

Spring Siggy
Community Leader
Fri, 02-01-2013 - 1:38pm

Poor lamb!  Dave would hate that, the kid eats like a bird and complains even when it is something he really likes to eat.  The rest of us do not have that problem and the virus would be long gone.  I hope Dylan feels better with the new plan!

Photobucket"
iVillage Member
Sat, 02-02-2013 - 8:40am

Poor Dylan. You know, I hadn't thought about the eating thing. Jake also doesn't eat well on a good day, which could have a lot to do with him hanging on to his little illnesses, too. I hope the force feeding went well and that he's feeling better.

We've also started taking multivites again, all of us, hoping it will help keep up our immunities and make up for what we're not getting (we still don't eat as well as we should). Kramer is good about taking his -- but he takes an acid pill 2x a day for his ulcer, and that pill either takes away or blocks B vite absorption, so I put him on Centrum Cardio ages ago (has the most B vites I've found).

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8