Thursday Thrills

Community Leader
Thursday Thrills
Wed, 02-06-2013 - 6:23pm

I'm thrilled my mom seems to be excited about the cruise now. At first, she kept saying that work might get in the way.  It's a 2 night cruise and she only works 1 day a week, but they are adding on resort time at the beginning and end of the trip to spend more time together (first with my godmom, and then she will be visiting a friend on the east coast of FL).  Anyway, she seems good with it now so that's a relief.  I am looking forward to the experience and the fact that it'll be short just means I will be back to my babies that much faster!

What is thrilling with you?

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com
iVillage Member
Thu, 02-07-2013 - 8:05am

I think a short cruise is a great one for your first time. You girls will have a blast!

Thrilling here, my 4 day weekend. I desperately need some down time from work. I'll get some housework caught up, maybe get some naps in, and just chill.

Hubby didn't take the Dallas gig. They offered it to him, but of course the money wasn't there. Oh, a raise, but not what we wanted. So, we had to decide if we really wanted to go. Could've talked them up -- they'd pay. But, Will is REALLY against the move. He only has 2 years left of high school, and he's in one of the best schools in the city. We've moved the kids a lot in the past 10 years, and ultimately hubs decided it wasn't worth it to take the job and possibly derail Will's education. Of course he's just sick about declining now, but I'm relieved. I figure he'll just have to get over it.

Other thrilling news is that he's getting 100% of his bonus this year -- a first. The hotel met it's F&B numbers, so we're going to see a windfall of 10-12K next month. Usually he gets a pity bonus (which is still about $1k, so you cannot beat even that, LOL) so we're pretty stoked about this. And, chances are good they'll hit target again for this year. It's just a good property.

And miss Zo is rolling over like a boss! She's all about it now, so we spend the day turning her back onto her back because she hates being on her belly (and won't roll over from belly to back anymore, little stinker). She's also eating her solid foods like a champ.

Washed 3 large loads of baby clothes and have those all set to take to OUAC, will do that after Libby's morning class. Debating on whether we'll take the swing and bouncer today. Jeep is big, but not sure it can accomodate all the baby stuff and the stroller AND the baby, LOL. But, we have one opening nearby soon, so thinking we'll save the big equipment for that trip. They should start taking stuff this month.

All in all, pretty thrilling stuff here. :)

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
Community Leader
Thu, 02-07-2013 - 12:31pm

So cool, hopefully the bonus money will lift your DH's spirits.  It is hard to move anytime, but especially so with high school age kids.  I wouldn't mind buying a different house here, but just the thought of moving gives me the heebie-jeebies.  Guess it works out that I don't have the money to do it, lol.

Have a lovely nap; you deserve it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Photobucket"
iVillage Member
Fri, 02-08-2013 - 12:36pm

When is that cruise...?  You will have a blast!

I wasn't thrilled with our weather yesterday...another 8 inches of snow....Geeesh!  It can stop now!!  Also not thrilled that we got a call from school (thought it would have been sooner) and Dylan's tummy was hurting and he was spending more time in the bathroom then in his classroom.  I thought we had this under control.....I have now removed milk from his diet as all last week when he was home we weren't giving him milk....he starts back to school and is drinking 2 cartons of milk a day....by Wednesday his tummy was hurting again.  I sure hope this helps him....I'm at a loss now....don't know what the heck is causing this.  AND...we are suppose to go on this vacation...but we won't if he is still sick with this crap!!!!  All I want is my little guy to be better!!

Sorry....nothing thrilling from me this week!

Spring Siggy
Community Leader
Fri, 02-08-2013 - 1:27pm

The cruise is for 2 nights - March 17th and 18th.  That will be here in no time!

Aw, I hope the lack of milk helps Dylan feel better.  That is one mean virus.  It is no fun when the kids are sick.  Tell that boy to hang in there and hug him from me!!!

Photobucket"
iVillage Member
Fri, 02-08-2013 - 2:02pm

I will....He's a hugger!!

I did get an email from his teacher that he has made lots of trips to the b-room this morning, but she said he said he is okay.  I told her as long has he isn't having the stomach cramps (pains), that I'd prefer if he could stick it out for the day.

Spring Siggy