Thursday Thrills

Community Leader
Thursday Thrills
Wed, 03-27-2013 - 9:31pm

The Kindle Paperwhite has helped tremendously with my eyestrain, but I still need better lighting to read all the regular books around here.  I am thrilled to report that my little OttLite arrived and it is awesome!  I can actually see without any trouble - finally!  (The brand was recommended to me by the librarian who runs my book club so apparently I'm not the only one with crappy lighting at home.)

Not so thrilling is my Granny Nanny gig that I applied for only wants certified nursing assistants and I'm not sure I want to do that until I know I like the work (if that makes sense).  It would be dumb to pay for the course work and then decide I don't have the patience...  Not sure which way this will go -- other than I need to get a job since we are about to add a second teenager to our car insurance policy - EEK!

What is thrilling with you today?

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com
Community Leader
Thu, 03-28-2013 - 5:25pm

Isn't Amazon fabulous? I couldn't find the kids' Easter baskets on there though and was too lazy to make them this year so I just ordered from WalMart. Can't beat free shipping! Of course Claire wanted to know what was in the big box... I told a fib and said it was something for Matt, LOL LOL. So now the giant box is in poor Matthew's room - unopened of course because it isn't his. Life is so much easier when that darling nosy girl isn't tracked out!

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-28-2013 - 3:51pm

I know what you mean...our home lighting is awful for reading!!  Plus my eyes are getting worse as I get older. 

I'm thrilled that we are finally having some sun and warmer temps....time to melt this snow!  Suppose to be mid to upper 40's through the weekend!  Also thrilled that Amazon comes through again with the boys easter gifts.  They each got one of those Rip-Sticks....skateboard thing with only 2 wheels.  It's the latest thing in our neighborhood, I think we are the only kids who doesn't have one.

Best of luck with your decision, but I totally understand your point of view...!

Spring Siggy