Thursday Thrills

Community Leader
Thursday Thrills
Wed, 04-03-2013 - 6:32pm

I'm thrilled Dave had a good birthday and is officially 7. I swear they are growing faster than they oughta be, but what can I do?!

What is thrilling with you today?

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-04-2013 - 4:40pm

Yay...Happy Birthday Dave!!!!  I know, I cannot believe how fast they are growing...I want it to stop!

I'm thrilled that Dylan finally pulled out his tooth that has been hanging there!!!  I just got a call from him from grandma's house!  Now the tooth fairy will have to remember to visit!!  Wink, Wink! 

Also thrilled that it is finally starting to warm up a bit around here.  Most of the snow is gone!  Yay!  Today is also my Friday....I have tomorrow off to spend the day with the boys!  They are looking forward to go to this indoor sports park!  Those are my thrilling things!  Real exciting stuff!  Wink

Spring Siggy
Community Leader
Thu, 04-04-2013 - 5:25pm

Hey, that is very exciting stuff, I am very happy for all of you!!!!!

Photobucket"
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-06-2013 - 8:21am

Happy belated Birthday, Dave! I'm with you on the growing too fast thing. Read a quote the other day:The days are long but the years are short. Too true!

Lots of thrilling stuff here. First, Zo now has her two bottom teeth. YAY. She's also HIGHLY mobile. Not crawling, but can get to the xbox lickety split, esp. if your back is turned! Her opening it and trying to yank out the tray precipitated a trip to BRU for the baby corral/jail. LOL. When it's just me and her and am not chillin' with her, that's where she has to be so I don't have to worry about her destroying our things or disappearing into another room, LOL.

Hubs and I were invited to the annual gala again, the same thing we went to last May when I was as big as a house, LOL. So, I get to get all decked out and be fancy again. Looking forward to that on May 11.The invite was for hubby and his "charming" wife. Get pretty AND be charming? Heh. No pressure there or anything. Wink

And, in work news, there was ANOTHER restructuring. This time, much for the better. Our mgr has moved to sales, and we have a new mgr who isn't a PD -- which means he can be very objective and really here to help all of us out, not just take the side of our counterpart. How I found out was very interesting. Had to talk to my partner about something I saw in a proposal, and so she called and we talked for 15 minutes (a long time to chat with a partner, LOL). I told her about a lot of the goings on, and then she spilled the news to me first -- which I think is a first, LOL. I'm usually the last of us three gals to hear anything. Anyhoo, all of the changes are good for my department and for the company as a whole. Next week is full of concalls to get everyone up to speed on all of the things.

We're also getting some new business from Big Client, in addition to what we already do. I get to be on the concall about it next week, so really looking forward to learning what new stuff we'll be doing for them. Our relationship with them is really growing by leaps and bounds, which means more work for me (though there is some wondering if my PD and I can handle all of it, but I am confident I can), but more $$ for the company. That's the big thing. K and I aren't getting help until business picks up like whoa, so I'm all for the extra work! For now. Ask me again in two months. Wink

All in all, a good, exciting week here! I actually ended my workweek not feeling defeated. That's not happened in a long while. I just hope that light at the end of a tunnel isn't an oncoming train!! LOL!

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
Community Leader
Sat, 04-06-2013 - 1:47pm

Oncoming train... that would be bad, hahha! Don't go into the light!!

That's awesome about work, hooray!

I remember those days of baby getting into everything - never a dull moment from here on out.

That's great that you get to go to the gala. You will have fun, and hopefully I will get to see another awesome photo (hint, hint)! Laughing

Photobucket"
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-06-2013 - 9:57pm

I'm excited about the gala. Mostly because it means that the boss-man either still loves hubs or still thinks I'm charming -- LOL. You know his boss is such a hottie. M is just some lovely hunk of man. Smile And, his wife is just the bees knees. Two lovely people. It'll be fun, and this time I can even have a glass of wine (only one -- I'll be driving)!! I've got just over a month to get it together, so come Monday I'll start bowflexing again and being a little bit more (a LOT more!) particular about my diet. I'm still not at my pre-preg weight, but close, so a month of being good, strength training, and some tanning (just so I'm not pasty) and maybe I'll be presentable. Calling the hairdresser tomorrow so I can get it and get my color updated and a good trim beforehand. I think I'll do straight hair this time and will probably make an appt the day of the event to get a deep condition and let her straighten my hair for me -- just so I'm really set. I really cannot wait to go dress shopping. I guess that means I have 3 weeks to drop a few pounds because I've no idea where/when I'll find something. I've got to get really serious really quick. Funny thing is, I knew this was going to happen. Thought about it a couple months ago and really should have started getting in shape. Oh well. Done cannot be undone, so I'll just do the best I can. If I'm picture worthy, you will see for sure! Smile

But, I'll betcha Zo is still not sleeping through the night at 9 1/2 months. I swear. Any old I'm looking is due to her! I've been doing a Philosophy treatment for fine lines here and there, but I just picked up some new products and am really trying to get my face in a good place. I have laugh lines and forehead lines. BUT, no crows feet (!!) -- probably because I'm absolutely militant about sunglasses if there is even a hint of sun, and have been this way since my teens. This girl doesn't squint. Too bad I don't have sunglasses for my forehead!! LOL! Doesn't that seem weird to have lines on your forehead? Probably because I worry/scowl a lot. I need to stop that. And keep up with the wrinkle cream! HA!

Well, no matter. Hubs cannot keep his hands off me, and at the end of the day, I suppose that's all that matters.  Smile

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
Community Leader
Sun, 04-07-2013 - 7:32pm

'Hubs cannot keep his hands off me, and at the end of the day, I suppose that's all that matters.'

Yep, it doesn't sound like you are looking old to me - keep up the good work, young hot Mama!!

Photobucket"