Thursday Thrills

Community Leader
Thursday Thrills
Wed, 05-08-2013 - 11:01pm

Okay, what is thrilling today? I have to think about it...

DH seems to be on a fitness kick. He insisted we walk together on Monday and Tuesday nights (super unusual), and tonight he played softball and they won in a playoff game so that is thrilling. DH got really heavy over the winter, still hasn't had a physical exam in forever. I told him 'point blank' if he dies and leaves me with 4 kids that I will kill him, so he knows better than to do that, right? Hopefully he is scared straight. I'm not a very scary person so maybe he will just get a clue for once in our lives.

Tell us something thrilling with you? Sealed

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-09-2013 - 5:34pm

What's Thrilling today.....Hmmmm....I guess I'll have to go with .....Scandal is on TV tonight!!!  Love my Soap Opera type shows in the evening!!!

I wish I could get on a health kick!!!!  Need to shed some pounds, but I just love to eat!  What can I say!!!! Tongue Out

Spring Siggy
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-09-2013 - 6:41pm

Very happy that hubby is wanting to get a bit healthier for you guys. Even just a little bit, that's a good thing. I wish my hubs would do that! Good stuff. Walking is such a nice exercise, and you get some you-guys time. Loving it!

Our big thing is Saturday, so that's thrilling. I'm tan a heck and probably don't have to go tan again before the event - so glad about that.  Tomorrow I'm getting a mani-pedi (my first pedi EVER!!) and looking forward to that. Just me, no kids, just a bit of pampering. Saturday the girls and I are going to the mall to do last-minute shopping, and I'll get a deep-condition and then have my gal straighten my hair for me.

Dress fits well. Shoes are awesome. Clutch is awesome. Wrap is ok -- want to see if I can find a different one, but the one I found will suffice. Navy dress, silver everything else. Nice tan and blond hair -- think I will look ok. Hubby hasn't seen the dress, so won't until we're ready to get pics by Libby. :)

AND -- next week is vacation!!! That's the most thrilling thing. I just need a break from work. We'll clean the garage and chill and I got Libby a party dress (for no event whatsoever, LOL) so on her birthday Monday we'll go out somewhere nice (with Zo) and she'll have her FIRST DRINK AS A LEGAL PERSON (!!)  (but not her first drink, but then I don't think that's totally abnormal).  Hard to believe my first baby is turning 21. And maybe it's weird that I want her first alcholic beverage at legal age to be with me, but you know. We're odd. Milestones and all that, such that they are. :)

Gave her a choice of diamonds or a Coach bag for her birthday, and she chose the Coach -- she's so like me that we maybe need to see other people, LOL. Picked out a very cute one, very much her style. And we're doing a rainbow cake with Iron Man 3 Legos on it. I really think I have the coolest kid ever. :)

So. Thrilling things afoot!

Oh, and I didn't do a LICK of exercising to prepare for the dress. But, come Monday, it's on. I'm not going to see the parents in July in my current body. We're going to prep the garage and I'll be bowflexing/watching what I eat like crazy. Libby's going to get fit with me. It's going to happen! I think we can do amazing things in 8 weeks. I'll keep you posted on our amazing (!!) progress. :)

Happy almost weekend, ladies!

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
Community Leader
Thu, 05-09-2013 - 9:34pm

Wow, that is a whole LOT of thrilling news - go you! 

Happy Birthday to Libby!!

Can't wait to hear all about the gala, so exciting!

Photobucket"
Community Leader
Thu, 05-09-2013 - 9:34pm

Wow, that is a whole LOT of thrilling news - go you! 

Happy Birthday to Libby!!

Can't wait to hear all about the gala, so exciting!

Photobucket"