Thursday Thrills

Community Leader
Thursday Thrills
Wed, 06-26-2013 - 7:42pm

I'm thrilled Matthew finished his last placement exam and registered for fall classes at Wake Tech. I am not thrilled that the big goofball signed up for 5 courses at once because I think he is biting off more than he can chew. Maybe hubs can talk some sense into him. It would be different if Matt had some college experience and knew what he can handle. Sigh. I suggested 2 classes to start off with so he would have a good shot at getting A's.

What is thrilling with you?

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-28-2013 - 2:24pm

Yeah, 5 classes could be tough- will he be working at the same time or just going to school?

I am thrilled that my 14 year old has a part-time job but I'm not thrilled that since he's still too young to drive, it puts me even more into "mom taxi" mode.

Lisa 

Community Leader
Fri, 06-28-2013 - 3:32pm

Excellent question, Lisa. Matt has a 25-hour per week job now, part grocery cashier and the other half of the time he is out in the gas kiosk. People pump their own gas and frequently pay at the pump so there is little for Matt to do - he could bring his books and get paid to study. Time will tell.

I'm proud of you and your son. Hopefully he appreciates how much you are helping him!

Photobucket"
Want to check out my new blog? www.mhannah.typepad.com